• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s up with Ernie Gerber Enterprises?
6 6

191 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Is that the case for all their Mylite product or just the Mylite+ product?

I typically order Mylite2 bags and was going to order some more in the near future. 

Just the Mylites+, Mylite2's are still available to the general public.

4 hours ago, letsgrumble said:

I was in communication with them last week re wait times for products and was told 8-10 weeks.

I didn't specify what I wanted though.

I got a response from the email that I sent them today and they said that nothing has changed with respect to archives but they may start making them next year.

It's best to confirm with a call tomorrow.

Thanks--Greg

Shoot! I was going to call them tomorrow and place an order and part of that order is some Mylites4 bags.  Are they permanently not going to make anymore Mylite4 bags?….or just this year until things return to some semblance of normalcy?
I guess I will find out when I call them tomorrow assuming they pick up the phone. 

16 hours ago, greggy said:

I got a response from the email that I sent them today and they said that nothing has changed with respect to archives but they may start making them next year.

Thanks--Greg

Who are you and what have you done with greggy? 

On 7/10/2021 at 6:58 PM, HighVoltage said:

I ordered some BCW supplies earlier this year & their plastic comic bins have been back ordered - up to two months the last time I ordered.

I see the supply chain messed up at my work too. From plastics to metals and circuit boards - stuff we can usually get/source in a few weeks or less has been pushed out to 6 months or more. This has been going on all year & into last year as well. Just wasn’t as noticeable last year.

There have been multiple supply chain issues. The pandemic and border crossings is just one aspect of the problem.

Another was the lodged ship in the Suez canal earlier this year. It's estimated that this backlog caused billions and billions of dollars worth of losses and apparently roughly 30% of the world's raw materials go through the Suez and that delay in traffic is apparently going to cost the world billions of dollars and create manufacturing delays globally, also increasing prices of goods.

17 hours ago, buttock said:
On 7/11/2021 at 8:10 PM, greggy said:

Thanks--Greg

Who are you and what have you done with greggy? 

That's what she said?

On 7/10/2021 at 1:46 PM, Aman619 said:

Wrap em in Saran Wrap!  

On 7/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, aardvark88 said:

But would not wax paper add extra gloss to the comic covers? Will have to go thru momma's overstock.

Wrap them in Aluminum Foil, this way they don't burn in a house fire and eliminates the need for collectible insurance :acclaim:

I ordered 1000 775 M2s and HBs about two months ago. They charged my card about two days before they arrived. Unfortunately, for me, I ordered the wrong size. Should have ordered 725. I called them back, left a message, and they called back the next morning where I placed a new order. The wait is approximately 2 months she said. Still better time than a value/economy grading submission.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:56 AM, namisgr said:

It's not factual that companies are struggling to find workers because prospective workers are being paid not to work.  State by state comparisons prove otherwise.

As for mylar in particular, it may be hard to come by because of supply chain issues stemming from events of the past 15 months.

And just to add onto that - tons of different goods have been messed up with supply chain issues - not just comic stuff and plastics. Circuit boards & chips are really tough in some instances. Lumber & building materials are getting better, but they’ve been awful, leading to crazy prices.

if you work in a field that deals with any kind of materials, this should be no surprise to anyone.  plastics, metals, lumber, industrial gasses and liquids are all hard to come by.  basically if it doesnt come from your yard or ebay, youre gonna play the waiting game and the writing has been on the wall for over a year now