• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s up with Ernie Gerber Enterprises?
6 6

191 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2022 at 9:11 PM, Robot Man said:

My local store has 50 GA/SA my lites for $29.99. Is that a decent price? 

I'm assuming you're talking about Mylites2.

You can get a 50 pack directly from E. Gerber for $14 (plus whatever else they charge for shipping, ect).....but I don't know what their current wait time is for them.  Obviously, they'd be cheaper than that in bulk if you bought direct as well.

Otherwise, that's probably a decent price right now for a single pack.

You can find them for sale cheaper on Ebay.....but, by the time you pay for shipping.....you're right back at around that price.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:58 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I'm assuming you're talking about Mylites2.

You can get a 50 pack directly from E. Gerber for $14 (plus whatever else they charge for shipping, ect).....but I don't know what their current wait time is for them.  Obviously, they'd be cheaper than that in bulk if you bought direct as well.

Otherwise, that's probably a decent price right now for a single pack.

You can find them for sale cheaper on Ebay.....but, by the time you pay for shipping.....you're right back at around that price.

I know what Gerber charges. I usually order a few hundred at a time with full backs. Just got to figure 10-12 weeks turnaround time.

The shipping turn around time from Gerber has usually been pretty good for me. I just ordered some mylites2, a few CGC boxes, and tape from them back on 4/21 that arrived late last week. My problem has been fullbacks. They weren't taking orders back in April and said I should check back in May. Called today and it seems the supplier is still behind and the soonest I should check back is the end of June :wishluck:.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:57 PM, BS Damutantman said:

The shipping turn around time from Gerber has usually been pretty good for me. I just ordered some mylites2, a few CGC boxes, and tape from them back on 4/21 that arrived late last week. My problem has been fullbacks. They weren't taking orders back in April and said I should check back in May. Called today and it seems the supplier is still behind and the soonest I should check back is the end of June :wishluck:.

The problem is in December they said check in March. In February they said check back in May…

They also supply university and library and archive (and Library of Congress) clients. My assumption is that if supplies are below a certain amount those are the only orders they will fill. It might be two years before they are filling comic orders for fullbacks again. We all hope they’ll return to normal all at once and fill the pent-up demand that’s likely around 2,000,000 full backs by now with millions more capacity to spare. But that’s just hope.

Edited by lighthouse

On 7/23/2022 at 8:25 PM, Robot Man said:

Anybody know the current waiting time for Mylites 2 and fullbacks? 

I ordered at the end of June and was told 4-6 weeks.  They are also still limiting orders to 2000 bags/boards.  For the private collector, probably not a problem... but as I would order 10,000 if I could, it hasn't left me any available to sell to customers for over a year now (I easily go through 2000 myself several times per year), and I now tell customers to just order direct themselves as, for all practical purposes, we no longer carry them.

On 3/3/2023 at 2:27 PM, Jonathan78 said:

What a difference a year makes - I placed an order about this time last year knowing I had to wait a couple months for my product to ship.  Yesterday, I placed an order around 2:00 and my order arrived today at lunch.  FBs are still on back order though. 

Same here.  I placed an order a couple weeks ago and it arrived within a couple days.  No FBs, though.

I just order 2K halfbacks and Mylite2's with a quoted 7 day turn around. They are certainly back on track.

On 5/1/2023 at 2:08 PM, Robot Man said:

And neither do you get to read, thumb through, smell or enjoy anything but the covers. Just saying…

I have a raw copy of almost every comic book I have in a slab and I am "bound" and determined to acquire the raw ones I am missing.

Heck, I need another comic book goal because the other 1000 are not enough.:)