• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 9.6 coming to auction
7 7

704 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2021 at 8:35 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

This sale is already having an effect on prices this AF CGC 8.0 ends today already at 540k last one sold 2-3 weeks ago on CL asking price was 350k I believe seller took 300k. I think this sale (the 9.6) will be a game changer for AF15.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/925735?tzf=1

Ouch. It seems the 8,0 price point has jumped 250K+ in a few months.

On 8/30/2021 at 1:35 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

This sale is already having an effect on prices this AF CGC 8.0 ends today already at 540k last one sold 2-3 weeks ago on CL asking price was 350k I believe seller took 300k. I think this sale (the 9.6) will be a game changer for AF15.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/925735?tzf=1

540k Is life changing. hm

On 8/30/2021 at 6:36 PM, peewee22 said:

You haven’t bid yet. 😁

I’m like everyone else on the boards…. I don’t buy at these prices!  I’m lucky to have been accumulating stuff since the 80s… heck, as people are saying about any AF 15, starting to buy keys just a few years ago looks pretty profitable now, at this rate of increases. 

On 7/17/2021 at 4:10 PM, lou_fine said:

Especially since others have stated that this copy here is a true 9.6 worthy book and possibly even nice enough for a resub up to the 9.8 condition level.  (shrug)

Looking closely at the front cover scan, I do see some light smudges which in my mind would keep it at a 9.6. Nice copy, though...  (thumbsu

On 8/30/2021 at 4:31 PM, The Lions Den said:

Looking closely at the front cover scan, I do see some light smudges which in my mind would keep it at a 9.6. Nice copy, though...  (thumbsu

I would wager that when it was a 9.4, they had the best get it to 9.6 , no doubt the ceiling on this very pressed book. I have had the diamond run copy in my hands and would venture to say that it was the better looking copy for my taste at least when it was a 9.4 as it was also pressed to a 9.6

On 7/26/2021 at 1:36 PM, Dark Knight said:

I'm wondering if the owners of the other three 9.4 copies are thinking about getting their copy pressed or even for a re-sub at a chance for a 9.8 hm

By the way CGC has been grading the Promise Collection, I am certain that all three can be upgraded lol

On 7/26/2021 at 3:59 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Considering how tight current CGC grading, the chances of any AF 9.6 being upgraded might be smaller than the chance of a downgrade. 

Don't you love the opposing viewpoints that we seem to have on the boards here, although I suspect both of these viewpoints might actually be correct depeninding upon how you look at it.  hm

I think there's 6 universal 9.4 AFs in the census with at least 2 graded after cgc started pressing. Guessing a few pressed resubed already? This copy auctioned in 2003 could be a resub with the cert# being unfound. I just think the chances of a 9.6 being upgraded are exponentially tougher than a 9.4 even if a 9.6 qualified. With prices being what they are the graders will subconsciously have that in their minds and grade accordingly. If they don't see enough defects to keep an AF from 9.8 they'll mind meld it there. 

Whatever the case, if this copy goes high enough its going to test the will of the anti certification crowd!

On 8/28/2021 at 6:32 PM, Aman619 said:

.  Daredevil feels like irrational exuberance over rumors that hes arriving in the MCU movies soon.  And that DD1 prices haven't budged in many years.

Not rumor. He's going to be in Spidey and in the She-Hulk TV show.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:47 AM, jimjum12 said:

... There will probably come a day when the Allentown Detective 27 will supplant the Church Action 1, much in the same way that AF 15 has permanently supplanted both FF 1 and Showcase 4 .... popularity DOES matter 2c GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

It is truly remarkable how far AF has come the past 20 years! Talk about amazing fantasy....how bout amazing journey! Hollywood has been good to the web slinger. 

... There will probably come a day when the Allentown Detective 27 will supplant the Church Action 1, much in the same way that AF 15 has permanently supplanted both FF 1 and Showcase 4 .... popularity DOES matter 2c GOD BLESS...

I believe this to be true.  Tec 27 will ultimately be the king of the hobby

On 8/31/2021 at 6:36 AM, Chicago Boy said:

I believe this to be true.  Tec 27 will ultimately be the king of the hobby

Hmmmm, the Church A1 is the Holy Grail of comics. And 2x Superman is the king of the hobby. That’s 2 huge hurdles for the A T27.