• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 9.6 coming to auction
7 7

704 posts in this topic

On 8/23/2021 at 10:49 PM, mcduckz said:

New Spidey trailer just officially dropped.   Might as well tack another $1M on whatever your guess is.  Also expect ASM 14s to shoot up some more

I was thinking this too, will the No Way Home trailer impact this book? hm

the trailer was amazing... but, could there be too many heroes villains and everything?  Not sure how the new Spider film will affect the price of this copy... For the handful of 3M plus bidders who are sold on chasing this grail book, a new movie cant really be any more incentive at this point, especially since they no doubt already factored in the continuing Marvel Film Universe...  A hit film cant hurt though, assuming all theaters are open in December and it can get an old timey 1B opening weekend!  Otherwise its another "50M how do I do the math to see if its a hit or a flop again?"  covid release.

Well we'll see how this whole covid thing plays out during the winter.  I think it will get worst once the cold freezing months kick in, which can potentially mean more public facilities like movie theatres to be shut down once again.

I think I initially felt it would fall somewhere in the 2-3 mil range. Already almost at 2.5 mil with 14 days left, and the live auction on top! Yeah somewhere over 3 mil definitely may happen, maybe even as high as 4-5. Wow! Buckle up boys, I think we may have an Action 1 killer here.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 8/26/2021 at 11:27 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I think I initially felt it would fall somewhere in the 2-3 mil range. Already almost at 2.5 mil with 14 days left, and the live auction on top! Yeah somewhere over 3 mil definitely may happen, maybe even as high as 4-5. Wow! Buckle up boys, I think we may have an Action 1 killer here.

:popcorn:

On 8/25/2021 at 8:15 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Way more is my guess 4$-5$ million or more. You get one single chance at this as a buyer.

Agreed... this was where I was thinking before the new movie trailer dropped and I'm still there.  I think I agree with Aman619 above... the folks bidding on this won't be swayed by very recent movie news and speculation.  The fact is, this was already going to be a $4MM+ book.  

I will be seriously underwhelmed if this book stalls at 5M .... World class quality that never comes up to Auction ? This is the premiere Comic Book franchise on the globe in a no-where-near-enough at this level to go around ?. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/26/2021 at 12:05 PM, jimjum12 said:

I will be seriously underwhelmed if this book stalls at 5M .... World class quality that never comes up to Auction ? This is the premiere Comic Book franchise on the globe in a no-where-near-enough at this level to go around ?. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

It really is…. If you are “new” to comics as an investor, this book is right at the top of items you’d want to snag. Best graded first Spider-Man. Even with an Action 1 or Tec 27, if you’ve done your research, and learned the landscape for these top books (hello Rob React!) you aren’t buying the highest graded copy.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:14 PM, tfish1 said:

Current bid at 2,310,000  WOW!!!!! I'm betting it hits 3M

So, at current bid, this book has passed the Batman #1 in 9.4 Heritage sold earlier this year and, I think, makes it the most expensive comic book Heritage has ever sold.