• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 9.6 coming to auction
7 7

704 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2021 at 9:23 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

I think we will see the day were even a 2.0 is 100k. That would not surprise me the least bit.

Don’t think we will see that 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:31 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Don't want to say this Gator but I remember you saying X-Men 1 9.2 selling at around 60k (you said that was to much and will decrease in value nearer to 50k to 52k and stay there now we could see 300k or maybe more)  was to much that was 7 years ago. I know you know your stuff but I get that felling as well with AF15.

Now do I want that to happen fast no.

I know you get a lot of things right and don't want to start problems just saying.

And the X-men did decrease to that, from 2013-2017. I’d say I was 100% right :)
I never said would stay there forever lol

but X-men 1s have already pulled back in many grades some 30% from their May/June highs  

where is a 9.2 pushing 300k?

but there is no fundamental that would push a 2.0 af15 to 100k. I will extend the time frame to 10 years from today. 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:43 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Hahaha no worries Gator let's just see with time. The X-Men 1 on CC is already at 230k and that is not even with white pages (to me that is worth 10% to 20% more but that is me) and 13 days left.

That is what I meant 10 years from now I don't mean next year for AF15 just some day.

No one knows if the world will even exist in 10 years. So one has to analyze fundamentals 

there are always outliers and exceptions , but that a market does not make 

Without having a grasp on who this universe of 7+ figure collectors are its difficult to know how much of a relationship there is between this result and the GA giants. I can't imagine this is a huge crowd of people. I mean I don't think it's like sports cards where there's probably a larger pool of millionaires. But most importantly I'm wondering if this group of super wealthy comic enthusiasts skew younger or middle age or even older??? Or if there's an age skew at all? Are they by and large retirees or younger tech executives or somewhere in between (shrug)? I think this may be the most important indicator of whether there's a direct GA correlation. My inclination is to assume nothing is divorced when it comes to these giant books regardless of SA GA. One giant domino will always impact the other 2c

On 8/21/2021 at 10:13 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

There are always collectors and investors at any given time has been like that for decades.

I know that I'm just assuming there's overlap there where you can be both. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume the majority of people bidding on this book are hobbyists to some degree. 

On 8/21/2021 at 9:41 PM, G.A.tor said:

And the X-men did decrease to that, from 2013-2017. I’d say I was 100% right :)
I never said would stay there forever lol

but X-men 1s have already pulled back in many grades some 30% from their May/June highs  

where is a 9.2 pushing 300k?

but there is no fundamental that would push a 2.0 af15 to 100k. I will extend the time frame to 10 years from today. 

X-Men 1 has certainly pulled back from the highs in June. I have started to see mid grades sit on IG with no action, in June those same books would have been snatched up in an hour. 

On 8/22/2021 at 8:33 AM, PKJ said:

X-Men 1 has certainly pulled back from the highs in June. I have started to see mid grades sit on IG with no action, in June those same books would have been snatched up in an hour. 

Not just IG. Heritage , eBay, clink etc. 

same with many books that peaked a few months ago. 

On 8/22/2021 at 8:55 AM, G.A.tor said:

Not just IG. Heritage , eBay, clink etc. 

same with many books that peaked a few months ago. 

Agreed.  These books all exploded to highs many of us never thought would happen (at least so fast) its only common nature for it to level off or drop back a bit,across the board. These can't all continue to set record highs every sale.  From my experience, the ones who feel that (every sale needs to set a record or it must mean a market crash)  are the new "collectors/flippers". and they will soon move onto the next "hot" thing.

:gossip: I'm glad I got 95% of my PC big key books a decade+ ago! - and wont sell those, no matter the market :gossip:

On 8/21/2021 at 12:52 PM, Crowzilla said:

Logical fallacy. The sale of this book has nothing to do with Golden Age

This and every additional  major multimillion dollar  comic book sale has everything to do with GA, SA, , BRZ etc...it adds credibility and publicity to our great comic book world. Million dollar plus comic book or comic art sales are not limited by to the period they were created.

On 8/22/2021 at 5:33 AM, PKJ said:

The market sometimes need to take a breath and catch up..same with this book

Edited by Mmehdy

On 8/22/2021 at 12:50 PM, G.A.tor said:

Did you doubt me 🤪

nobody should....there are currently 6 9.4 copies of AF 15 Blue label below these 4...in your opinion how many of those copies could be upgraded like this one to increase the population now that this book is at 1.8 and rising? any one can chime in...that is where this book differs from say Action 1 or Det 27 as there are not 6 copies of A-1 and especially Get 27 to get them to grade up at say 8.5.

Edited by Mmehdy

On 8/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, Mmehdy said:

nobody should....there are currently 6 9.4 copies of AF 15 Blue label below these 4...in your opinion how many of those copies could be upgraded like this one to increase the population now that this book is at 1.8 and rising? any one can chime in...that is where this book differs from say Action 1 or Det 27 as there are not 6 copies of A-1 and especially Get 27 to get them to grade up at say 8.5.

Several of the current 9.4 were already upgraded from lower grades. Guessing they will stay where they are at for the time being 

On 8/21/2021 at 6:31 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Don't want to say this Gator but I remember you saying X-Men 1 9.2 selling at around 60k (you said that was to much and will decrease in value nearer to 50k to 52k and stay there now we could see 300k or maybe more and I don't see that changing)  was to much that was 7 years ago. I know you know your stuff but I get that felling as well with AF15.

Now do I want that to happen fast no.

I know you get a lot of things right and don't want to start problems just saying.

Some of the Marvel SA keys have entered a new sphere and I have been around for a long long time. AF15, Hulk1, FF1, X-Men 1, JIM83, TOS39 and maybe a few more these are books with massive followings and Disney has yet to even do anything since the whole Covid pandemic. They spent billions they will mass produce on a next level.

As far as the GA the only player I see is Batman maybe Captain America but with all this anti-USA attitude of the younger generation I don't know.

Marvel (and Evans) have accomplished something really remarkable with the MCU Cap.  He is beloved by people who don't like America all that much because Cap is, to them, what America should be (and/or was at one time)

Edited by bluechip