• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 9.6 coming to auction
7 7

704 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2021 at 8:35 PM, tth2 said:

I would be surprised if there was a 9.8 copy of AF 15 out there, although of course anything's possible.  But as was discussed earlier in this thread, 9.8 is a tough grade and not generally seen in Silver top keys, whether Marvel or DC.

The likeliest source of a 9.8 would be from a pedigree.  The 2 9.8 X-Men 1s are from the Curator and Pacific Coast pedigrees.  But we already know that the Curator, PC and White Mountain AF 15s are not 9.8s and not capable of being "improved" to 9.8.  

Having said that, the 9.8 ASM 1 is not from a pedigree as far as I know, but it's the exception that proves the rule.

AF15s black/brown cover limits HG copies compared to Spidey 1 or XMen 1 with light blue and white bkgnds. (though, again, Im amazed how many survived in 9.4 or better...)  I agree that Pedigrees are usually the highest graded copy candidates, but so many no-name copies slip through time unscathed too.

On 9/5/2021 at 11:37 PM, Aman619 said:

AF15s black/brown cover limits HG copies compared to Spidey 1 or XMen 1 with light blue and white bkgnds. (though, again, Im amazed how many survived in 9.4 or better...)  I agree that Pedigrees are usually the highest graded copy candidates, but so many no-name copies slip through time unscathed too.

It seems almost impossible for a 9.8 to have been on the newsstand. With the cheaper paper used by Marvel on a dying series and then the transporting/handling of the books to its retail destinations. And the dark sienna browns on the book’s cover as you mentioned.

If there’s ever a 9.8 I’d look at the current 9.6’s potentiality.

On 9/6/2021 at 11:47 AM, The lips said:

Stuck on 2.3 million for days now, have we hit a wall or are we expecting some late activity frenzy ?

I cant see it beating AC1 now but hey what do I know.

Been at 2.82 mil for a while. 2.3 was passed long ago I believe 

On 9/6/2021 at 11:47 AM, The lips said:

Stuck on 2.3 million for days now, have we hit a wall or are we expecting some late activity frenzy ?

I cant see it beating AC1 now but hey what do I know.

It’s at $2.8M but I wouldn’t be surprised if it passes Action #1 in the live auction. 

On 9/6/2021 at 7:02 PM, Terry JSA said:

It’s at $2.8M but I wouldn’t be surprised if it passes Action #1 in the live auction. 

I presume you’re talking buyers premium price and not hammer price ?

unless I’m completely missing something ( very possible ) this is what I see 

56C50313-85ED-49BD-A9DA-8AAD836FA159.png

On 9/6/2021 at 7:40 PM, Straw-Man said:

"hammer price" is meaningless here--the COST is currently 2.8+.    in fact, if buyer is a taxed buyer, he/she is looking at over 3.1 right now.

so the AC1 that went for 3.2 million, was that price inclusive of buyers premium ?

I thought it was hammer price but as I’m far from an expert on auctions then I wouldn’t know 

On 9/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, Straw-Man said:

"hammer price" is meaningless here--the COST is currently 2.8+.    in fact, if buyer is a taxed buyer, he/she is looking at over 3.1 right now.

Wonder how many of the serious contenders are women? I'd guess none of the bidders are but who knows??? 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:57 PM, The lips said:

so the AC1 that went for 3.2 million, was that price inclusive of buyers premium ?

I thought it was hammer price but as I’m far from an expert on auctions then I wouldn’t know 

I think that auctioned on CC but not sure. The final results for past HA auctions always include the BP juice. 

On 9/6/2021 at 3:57 PM, The lips said:

That sold via eBay where there is no buyers premium.