• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see your books that have 50 or fewer copies on the Census
15 15

337 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, namisgr said:

Only 9 graded copies in the census of this prototype graphic novel, and just one at the top in 9.4.  This would contend, as the tiny white dot on the top edge near the right corner is from the printing, and not missing paper or color flake.

His Name Is... Savage is a 40-page, magazine-format comics novel released in 1968 as a precursor to the modern graphic novel. Created by the veteran American comic book artist Gil Kane, who conceived, plotted and illustrated the project, and writer Archie Goodwin, who scripted under the pseudonym Robert Franklin, the black-and-white magazine was published by Kane's Adventure House Press, and distributed to newsstands.

HNISavage1.thumb.jpg.dff0123e8ebb79f086372fccc3a9f29e.jpg

That looks a lot like Lee Marvin.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:55 AM, frozentundraguy said:

Granted there is already a thread in the GA section for 10 or less books. That however is an extremely small window. This thread will open it up to books of all ages. The reason I chose 50 is that would allow one collector in each state to have a copy. Of course that would never happen but it's a reasonably small number.  Lets also limit this to graded copies (REVISION unless they are G.A. books since they tend to be rarer I have a few raw G.A. books that might be cool to share in this thread so I might as well change the rule. :blush:), so that were not flooded with common books generally not likely to be graded.

Batman #117, with 45 copies on the census.

Batman_117_CGC.jpg

Just saw your thread!

If anything you guys post is Gold and has 10 or fewer copies on the census, cross-post them over in my thread in Gold!

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/414426-ga-with-less-than-ten-copies-in-the-cgc-census/

On 2/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, MAR1979 said:

From the 1980's Honeymooner's "resurgence"  only 5 of this #1 from 1987 are on the Census.  The 1986 #1 from Lodestone has 22 on Census including my self submitted childhood copy in my current Sig. I would have expected similar numbers for the 1987. I do wonder the numbers ordered? 

I picked up the 1987 from my LCS, feeling it was a 9.6 due to small color rub, I purchased the only current 9.8. Glad I did as it brings back many great memories.

"Alice, you've been at that rum candy again!"

image.thumb.jpeg.dd4abf4d074d6332d5545c313401cedf.jpeg

You should hold on to this one, I could see it going... B| To the moon... lol:baiting:

On 2/1/2022 at 1:22 AM, William-James88 said:

That is one of the most gorgeous 4.5s I have ever seen.

Here's another one for the thread, my Master Comics 33. It is worth slabbing in almost any grade and yet there are only 14 on the census, and two of those are restored.

20220131_153505.jpg

A wonderfully dynamic cover of defiance from the grim dark days of December ‘42

Remember Golden Age books do not have to be slabbed to be in this thread. I don't foresee having this book graded, at least in the near future. There are currently 13 graded copies of Star Spangled comics #95.

Scan1107.JPG

Edited by frozentundraguy

On 1/31/2022 at 8:22 PM, William-James88 said:

Here's another one for the thread, my Master Comics 33. It is worth slabbing in almost any grade and yet there are only 14 on the census, and two of those are restored.

20220131_153505.jpg

What an amazing cover!  Mac Raboy was something else.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:22 PM, William-James88 said:

20220131_153505.jpg

I would love to own this book!

On 2/11/2023 at 8:43 PM, MAR1979 said:

From the 1980's Honeymooner's "resurgence"  only 5 of this #1 from 1987 are on the Census.  The 1986 #1 from Lodestone has 22 on Census including my self submitted childhood copy in my current Sig. I would have expected similar numbers for the 1987. I do wonder the numbers ordered? 

I picked up the 1987 from my LCS, feeling it was a 9.6 due to small color rub, I purchased the only current 9.8. Glad I did as it brings back many great memories.

"Alice, you've been at that rum candy again!"

image.thumb.jpeg.dd4abf4d074d6332d5545c313401cedf.jpeg

My favorite show, along with Seinfeld and the 1966 Batman.