• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Gal Gadot Private Signing
3 3

109 posts in this topic

I'm not defending the price, but I get it.....

After waiting for my Eastman for over 6 months at an affordable rate

I can only imagine the amount of books poor gadot would have to sign, if it was a lower commission 

Still quite pricey, and yet Margot Robbie was about the same

Harrison Ford was like $1000

This'll all get lost in the shuffle perhaps,

But I get it

On 7/20/2021 at 10:12 PM, wombat said:

Rich celebs charging their fans this kind of money for sigs just instantly makes them d bags in my opinion. And yes, I'm sure they are all losing sleep over this. 

I doubt Gal Gadot cares about the pittance of money her side gets from this.  How do we know it isn’t going to charity or something?(shrug)

On 7/20/2021 at 10:17 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I doubt Gal Gadot cares about the pittance of money her side gets from this.  How do we know it isn’t going to charity or something?(shrug)

That doesn't make it any better. Whatever any person decides to do with money once they acquire it is pretty irrelevant to the person they acquired it from. And especially if they have no idea what the intended use is. They are still charging fans, the people that made them famous and rich, a ridiculous amount of money to sign something. 

On 7/20/2021 at 10:28 PM, wombat said:

That doesn't make it any better. Whatever any person decides to do with money once they acquire it is pretty irrelevant to the person they acquired it from. And especially if they have no idea what the intended use is. They are still charging fans, the people that made them famous and rich, a ridiculous amount of money to sign something. 

I read something awhile back as she commented on the Israel/Palestine issue. I think she lost a lot of fans. As you will if you comment on either side of that problem. That "Imagine" thing didn't help, either.

Let's just try to remember we are the fans and still have some control over where our money goes. No one has to pay stupid money for a signature. Although I like the idea of a signature and a written apology for WW84.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:02 AM, TomO1357 said:

I was excited to see she was signing.  I recently got a Comic Cavalcade #11 with some other books, and it's got a cool golden age cover IMO, so for a second I thought: hey, it might be cool to get that signed...

Just my take of course but I always felt GA comic books should be no sign books. Like Ben Affleck signing a Bat #9 or something like that. That to me is defacement and a really short sighted thing to do. A golden age book will still be awesome 80 years from now and Gal Gadot will be either a footnote or forgotten.

Edited by Randall Ries

On 7/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, Randall Ries said:

Just my take of course but I always felt GA comic books should be no sign books. Like Ben Affleck signing a Bat #9 or something like that. That to me is defacement and a really short sighted thing to do. A golden age book will still be awesome 80 years from now and Gal Gadot will be either a footnote or forgotten.

I agree.  Gal Gadot's looks aren't going to last forever and it's not like she's made the impact they way Marylin Monroe or Marlon Brando has. Gal Gadot played a good WW,  that's about it.   Take that $400 and put it into the S&P 500 instead  

Edited by Kevin76

On 7/21/2021 at 12:48 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC Partners with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports for an Exclusive Private Signing Event with Don Cheadle

Posted on 7/20/2021

CGC announces an exciting Private Signing with the War Machine, AKA Don Cheadle!

Hero_Don%20Cheadle-square20210719120959715.png

CGC is thrilled to team up with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to bring fans an exclusive Private Signing with award winning actor Don Cheadle. The global star plays James Rhodes/ War Machine in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and has appeared as the character in Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War and many more famous titles. Cheadle will reprise the role in the upcoming Disney+ series Armor Wars.

Cheadle is renowned as an actor, film producer, director and writer. He was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Paul Rusesabagina in the historical drama Hotel Rwanda and won a Golden Globe for his role in House of Lies as Marty Kaan. Indeed, since being named Best Supporting Actor by the Los Angeles Film Critics for his breakout role in Devil in A Blue Dress, Cheadle has delivered many powerful performances on the stage and screen. In addition to his numerous acting honors, he was nominated for a Grammy for Best Spoken World Album for his narration of the Walter Mosley novel Fear Itself.

“ACE Comic Con and CGC once again bring you the top A+ MCU stars in the world with War Machine, Don Cheadle,” says Stephen Shamus, ACE Universe President. “Don, an Academy Award Nominee, has appeared in six Marvel Studios films, and we are truly excited to offer the fans a rare opportunity to have their books signed by him and graded by CGC.”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, August 27, 2021.

If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Don Cheadle signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC Private Signing fee for Don Cheadle is $260 per item and includes:

• Don Cheadle’s signature
  • Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

To submit books for the signing:

• Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    DON CHEADLE, PRIVATE SIGNING.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to DON CHEADLE under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write DC on all sides of the outside of the box.
  • Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, August 27, 2021, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, August 27, 2021.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

898661009_IronMan282SS9.8.jpg.69f890e186d9b1c719a7a7d51b357760.jpg

He did this 2 yrs ago - nowhere near the price he is asking now (or the price being charged I should say). The book cost about the same as being asked for just his sig now.

A comparable book would cost what? Triple now when you add cost of book, pressing if needed, postage etc?

I bought this as I like Cheadles work way before Marvel Movies.

Gal Gadot however is just a marvel manufactured 'star' (as pretty as she is - she's not much of an actress IMHO) - she will struggle to get work when she ages, as she, like Shatner, Ferrigno, Frakes etc are 'typecast' by their main role.

Which book would anyone get her to sign anyway - can't see any All-Star #8 heading in!

Maybe Wonder Woman #1 from the 1987 run?

Why Gadot?

Thousands of drooling basement dwelling fanboys to make this a $$$$ bonanza - that's Blackstone / Rock or whatever they are called - that's their thought processes.

All comic collectors are nerds who live with mommy.

If that's the way they think, then I'm not sure they actually grasp the market.  Genuine comic collectors are mainstream now, quite savvy, and not likely to easily part with stupid money for a pretty face. Or extra for Gadot writing "Wonder Woman".

If this is indeed the thinking of our new overlords, then its a pretty antiquated one.

Her career as Wonder Woman most certainly has a fast approaching end date as she is 36. 

But $610 for essentially just a pretty face to sign on a comic is obscene. 

Especially a pretty face with reputedly a $32 million income last year alone. She clearly doesn't need the money, so you would have to wonder why she's even doing this?

Even at $400 to Gadot personally, unless it's going to be auto-penned (which may well be the case - hence to huge mark up for 'wonder woman') - then the hassle of  1000 sigs to earn basically what she earns in 4 days for doing nothing ($32 mill divided by 365 days) - makes no sense.

Sadly, I believe the sigs will be auto-penned in different positions. Hence the huge fee for personalisation. Even then - will it even be Gadot that does it?

These 'private' signings are just to easy to manipulate. At least at a Con, you see it in person.

2c

On 7/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, Randall Ries said:

If the book is lower grade,  I don't see a problem with it.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:14 AM, Beige said:

Especially a pretty face with reputedly a $32 million income last year alone. She clearly doesn't need the money, so you would have to wonder why she's even doing this?

Guess the counter to that is we should be thankful that someone who doesn't need the money is willing to male the time to sign autographs for fans ? Not saying the $400 is worth her signature. That will be determined by market forces. Harrison Ford signatures are going for $1500 ? Its madness but I guess someone is willing to cough up the $$$$.