• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Young Collector's Worst Nightmare!
3 3

21 posts in this topic

I was at a bar once and a woman was tearing up 100 dollar bills because she was mad at her BF.  My buddy took  the pile of pieces when she left and he tried to put them back together but it was impossible.  They were in like 5 mm pieces....

On 8/10/2021 at 3:24 PM, kav said:

I was at a bar once and a woman was tearing up 100 dollar bills because she was mad at her BF.  My buddy took  the pile of pieces when she left and he tried to put them back together but it was impossible.  They were in like 5 mm pieces....

s-l400.jpg.488c9985660172360ab3903d78a8a1fd.jpg

On 8/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, bronze_rules said:

Richie Rich got me into comics.:x

I remember dreaming about all the other ads inside like sad sack, little lotta, dot, stumbo, baby huey, etc...

I still collect Baby Huey, the Sad Sack parachute covers and Stumbo. Which includes Harvey Hits and Paramount Animated. I have a pretty wicked HG Baby Huey collection that I've been building since I bought the #1 & #2 file copies.

I've still got a couple short boxes of my childhood (and my older brother's) Richie Rich comics.

I thought about going after Hot Stuff for awhile, but got tired of getting the carp kicked out of me on eBay auctions. There are some raging Hot Stuff collectors out there.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jeffro. said:

As a huge Harvey and in particular, Richie Rich fan, since I was a kid I have to point out that RR Gold & Silver 1 is not the first appearance of Reggie Van Dough. He first appeared many years earlier in Little Dot 2.

Also, RR G&S ran for 42 issues. 

From one Jeff to another :foryou:

Damn, I hate making mistakes like those, but thanks for the corrections.  

On 8/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, bronze_rules said:

Richie Rich got me into comics.:x

For me it was essentially Richie Rich (and to a lesser extent other Harvey comics), Uncle Scrooge, and DC bronze war comics. An odd combo to be sure. 

On 8/11/2021 at 7:08 AM, Jeffro. said:

For me it was essentially Richie Rich (and to a lesser extent other Harvey comics), Uncle Scrooge, and DC bronze war comics. An odd combo to be sure. 

So of all the Harvey characters, which one do you think would have done the best one shot cross over with Sgt Rock? hm

On 8/10/2021 at 4:24 PM, kav said:

Missed opportunity.  He could have sent them to the Treasury, they would have pieced them together for him, and replaced any bills they could match 51% of.  I watched a documentary (years and years ago) where Treasury agents were given a literal rat's nest made from bills.  They had a team of people laying scraps out on a grid to recreate each bill.  The owner ended up getting back nearly all of the money.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:37 AM, Stronguy said:

Missed opportunity.  He could have sent them to the Treasury, they would have pieced them together for him, and replaced any bills they could match 51% of.  I watched a documentary (years and years ago) where Treasury agents were given a literal rat's nest made from bills.  They had a team of people laying scraps out on a grid to recreate each bill.  The owner ended up getting back nearly all of the money.

incredible.  

On 8/11/2021 at 8:22 AM, crassus said:
On 8/11/2021 at 7:08 AM, Jeffro. said:

So of all the Harvey characters, which one do you think would have done the best one shot cross over with Sgt Rock? hm

Lotta. She was strong enough to take out the Axis powers all by herself

On 8/11/2021 at 2:02 PM, Jeffro. said:

Lotta. She was strong enough to take out the Axis powers all by herself

Little Lotta and Little Dot - those were fun comics!

I think Sgt Rock should be teamed up with Casper, Ghostly Trio and Hot Stuff, for a Weirder War Tale. I have visions of Hot Stuff poking Sgt Schultz in the azz with his fork...,