• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should arrive any day now!

206 posts in this topic

The 9 was the first Top Notch I bought and if it it wasn't for the color flecks missing from the top of the cover, would be very high grade. The 2 is a beauty with the first Nazi War cover. The 12 is probably the hardest copy along with 13 to find. I'll gradually post the rest over the next week while I'm waiting for something I know will never arrive. frown.gif

Well, I try and divide the collection into two categories, Top Notch 1-27 and Top Notch Laugh 28-45. 12 and 13 are tough and 31,35 and 39 are tough. I won a 39 a while back that never arrived,just like this one, but later found a low grade copy on heritage.I've only had two books not show up in all my time buying comics,TNL39 and TNL31.Collecting Top Notch is probably one of the cheaper runs to collect, but with some of the best stories.

I may scan some more books over the weekend. No pacakges in my P.O. Box today. So much for me not commenting on this until next week. When I recieved the quick refund 30 minutes after emailing the seller that I would be contacting paypal after a couple of weeks of no reponse to simple questions, I knew I would never see the book.Somewhere someone is holding that book and laughing.

Somewhere someone is holding that book and laughing.
More likely it's fallen behind a box somewhere, already packaged and labelled. Two and a half years from now when they re-org their storage space they're going to find it and go "Oh."

More likely it's fallen behind a box somewhere, already packaged and labelled. Two and a half years from now when they re-org their storage space they're going to find it and go "Oh."

And maybe send it to me?

And maybe send it to me?

I would not hold out hope. I would sooner expect you to find it in a quarter bin.

My guess is that you will actually find the book at a later date in better condition in a surprising manner. That's how these sorts of events usually track (in my life at any rate). You lose the one you think you want and get it better, later.

Still it sucks to get jacked by fate this way. I just got ripped off on a Weird Comics #1 and am waiting for my Paypal complaint to vest. So, I now expect to find a better-priced, better condition Weird #1 at that New York show or by WonderCon next year.

The Black Hand, fwiw I hope an even better copy will make itself available to you in time - perhaps at a con. I know that for the longest time, I was looking for a decent copy of Mysterious Adventures #21 - got beat out on ebay, and the guy who won it said it was the only copy he'd been able to find - continued looking - tried one from Metropolis but it was just too raggy, sent it back, kept looking, waiting. Finally - bought the River City copy! After perhaps three years of looking. Now of course, I then saw about 2 mid-grade examples at a show not 2 months after my purchase, and since, I've seen a very beautiful cgc 9.2 copy on ebay.... still like mine just fine, though.

Point being, I'm fairly certain that this one is not truly unique, and "your copy" is still out there!