• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should arrive any day now!

206 posts in this topic

The way it usually works is after you find that tough to find copy, then they all start coming out of the woodwork. When I found 13, a whole bunch of 13's started showing up. But thank's for the kind thoughts.I just hope this thread brings attention to the dark side of this hobby.

That sucks, Weird 1 is a fairly big book and a great one at that.
Yes it is. And I should have known that the if the deal was too good to be true, etc. etc.

I have had ONE deal in my life that was too good to be true but was indeed real.

Meanwhile, I keep buying on Ebay and here I sit by my mailbox, impatiently, waiting on two more books (three if you count the Gerber 'whitespace' Blue Bolt I just bought, but that was at a low low price). Is this a sickness?

Anyone else waiting for more books? I can't be the only one buying on Ebay...

How many have been waiting over four weeks do you think?
I can wait forever on the Weird 1--it's not coming. But as long as I can get my money back from Paypal I'll be okay. Maybe I'll drown my sorrows in a Timely or < 100 Adventure. Or pay bills with the refund as my wife would prefer. smile.gif

On the plus side, my Supes 5 came and it's about a 3.0. I paid a hair over guide at Good so I feel okay.

I often have to wait that long - seriously. Transatlantic transactions are frequently delayed for any number of reasons...

Like friends being REALLY busy and not able to ship... foreheadslap.gif

I often have to wait that long - seriously. Transatlantic transactions are frequently delayed for any number of reasons...

Like friends being REALLY busy and not able to ship... foreheadslap.gif

yeahok.gif

Send 'em!!! sumo.gif

I've always wanted to get my hands on a Top-Notch #9 as I really dig the Black Hood...I've never seen one come up (at least not in my periodic searches). I assume it's a tough book in 4.0+

edit: I just did a prices realized search on Heritage to find that this book has sold a few times in higher grades (incl. a 9.6!).

I think Top Notch are just as scarce as any other MLJ. 12 and 13 are tough. 31 and 35 also. 22 and 23 and 26. I think that 9 appears to be common because people think it's a bigger ticket item and it's always offered up for sale. I'd say they have an average scarcity level like Zip and Pep, with some being tougher to find.

So I went to the post office this morning and there was a yellow tag in my P.O.Box and I waited in line and it was a dvd from my dad. I went home and later on Shawn called to see if the book had arrived and I mentioned my latest dissapointment. But I noticed on the package that the arrival date they mark on the package was the 29th, meaning it arrived at the PO on saturday. So I had a dvd I was going to ship to my dad so I went back to the PO and great jumping catfish if the stupid Gosh darn book wasn't there! Postmarked oct. 5th, media mail, no insurance and no delivery confirmation. I got home and immediately paypald the guy the money he had refunded(after doing a page count) and reading the Black Hood story) , minus the extra shipping he had charged and apologised for being a .The book is complete and actually has no missing pieces off the cover small parts are folded under near the staple and the top left corner.. The pages are off white, the book is complete and the black hood story is drawn by Cooper who use to do Mr. Justice.

All I can say is you guys were so worried about nothing! I always knew everything was going to be OK, but some of you guys are just the pessimistic type and tend to take a darker view of things....me, I'm an optimist, so what if it took 27 days to arrive from Ohio, what's a little 27 days? Anyone know where I can find a Top Notch Laugh 35?

I just called the seller and apologised on the phone for my testy emails and he thanked me for sending the money back and not just keeping it since there was no proof of shipping.(I hadn't thought of that foreheadslap.gif)

Not that it would have changed anything. What's $100 after all that weight's been lifted off your shoulders. I hope we can help lead you to that one last issue in the run. Congrats. All it all happened on Halloween ...