• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,153 posts in this topic

I’m sure the answer is buried deep within these 24 pages of comments however… how is the process of sending in raws, setting your desired price and MCS making recommendations on which would be best to send off to CGC to be graded and slabbed? 

• List the raw books you want to consign using this page: https://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/record As you look up issues, our page will tell you what's eligible for consignment based on estimated value. There's also an option to offer items that you know are higher value but our system undervalues and says aren't eligible: https://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/recordother_consignmentoverride Any slabs you want to consign can be submitted more simply, just by typing them in: https://www.mycomicshop.com/webuycomics/consignmentquicksubmit
  • When you're done listing items, you submit a consignment transaction. We'll approve it and provide you a shipment invoice to print and ship with the comics.
  • When we get the comics we'll check them in and grade them. Once they're ready in your account, you'll get an email that you have items ready to be priced or put in auction.
  • We provide variety of info to help you choose a price to set. If you want recommendations on books to be sent to CGC, you'd discuss that via email or phone with our consignment director, and we can submit any books for you.

My experience with MCS continues to go very well. I have only sent in slabs and they have sold via both auction and BIN. Prices have been mostly good but I had an item go much lower than I expected in a recent auction. I have 10 books scheduled to go up with the Prime Auction beginning tomorrow and my hopes are high. The customer service has been excellent.

On 4/4/2022 at 9:10 AM, Mike Bray said:

just curious - as my package is showing available for pickup at the post office ? - is this normal -- 1`st shipment to MCS - so just curious --

We have a large enough inbound volume from the post office that our stuff isn't handled like a regular delivery. Something about the way that's arranged causes the USPS tracking notes to show up like you're seeing.

On 2/14/2022 at 12:21 PM, shadroch said:

A years worth of MCS consignment checks.

MCS has been berry, berry good to me!image.thumb.jpg.aa4c33c5722c433b3c51ab3158727b0c.jpg

I'm just catching up on this thread....if I were you I'd delete this post; your name, address, banking info is all public!  It wouldn't be hard for someone to defraud you with this sensitive information readily available....at least redact it out!   Yesterday I was reading a story of a colleague that had 150k stolen from her bank account and the bank did nothing about it.....

On 4/5/2022 at 5:44 AM, spreads said:

I'm just catching up on this thread....if I were you I'd delete this post; your name, address, banking info is all public!  It wouldn't be hard for someone to defraud you with this sensitive information readily available....at least redact it out!   Yesterday I was reading a story of a colleague that had 150k stolen from her bank account and the bank did nothing about it.....

100% and cash those checks, put that money to work for you at whatever your risk tolerance is. 

On 4/5/2022 at 5:44 AM, spreads said:

How is my banking information exposed? 

Yes, they were all mobil deposited and the money has been working for me since it was deposited. add quite a bit more to the checks pictured.

As far as my address goes, that is my house, not where the books are stored. Not only do I have a home alarm, I have a Hal.  Hal is my next door neighbor whose property is lined with signs saying things like-  911 good, .357 better,  Gun control means hitting the target, and my favorite- Whatever you're thinking, it's not worth it. 

I appreiciate everyones concern, but it is not needed.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:41 AM, shadroch said:

How is my banking information exposed? 

Yes, they were all mobil deposited and the money has been working for me since it was deposited. add quite a bit more to the checks pictured.

As far as my address goes, that is my house, not where the books are stored. Not only do I have a home alarm, I have a Hal.  Hal is my next door neighbor whose property is lined with signs saying things like-  911 good, .357 better,  Gun control means hitting the target, and my favorite- Whatever you're thinking, it's not worth it. 

I appreiciate everyones concern, but it is not needed.

Lol, okay....

On 3/25/2022 at 6:03 AM, Ryan. said:

I have my third non-paying bidder in the past few weeks. Not really digging this trend.

@mycomicshop

I am in the same boat.  I have almost $500 in auction wins just sitting on the table.  I recently had to relist two slabs because the winning bidders didn't pay up. And one of them had been allowed an extension and still didn't pay by the time given.

I know MCS said they would be more judicious about how and when they will allow extensions moving forward.  

However, I think something more drastic has to be done.  How is banning the deadbeat bidder going to help?  What's to stop them from signing up under another email address and using a neighbors address for shipping purposes?

I used to enjoy auctioning off items at MCS.  But now I stress out if the winning bidder is actually going to pay up even after TWO weeks has gone by.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:20 PM, workingdog said:

@mycomicshop

I am in the same boat.  I have almost $500 in auction wins just sitting on the table.  I recently had to relist two slabs because the winning bidders didn't pay up. And one of them had been allowed an extension and still didn't pay by the time given.

I know MCS said they would be more judicious about how and when they will allow extensions moving forward.  

However, I think something more drastic has to be done.  How is banning the deadbeat bidder going to help?  What's to stop them from signing up under another email address and using a neighbors address for shipping purposes?

I used to enjoy auctioning off items at MCS.  But now I stress out if the winning bidder is actually going to pay up even after TWO weeks has gone by.

Just curious, why stress out? Is there some fee on your part that doesn't get refunded if a buyer doesn't pay? Apologies, but I've never sold with MCS before. 

On 4/10/2022 at 2:08 PM, Motor City Rob said:

Just curious, why stress out? Is there some fee on your part that doesn't get refunded if a buyer doesn't pay? Apologies, but I've never sold with MCS before. 

No apologies necessary.  'Stress out' was probably a poor choice of words.  It's just that when a buyer doesn't pay, it becomes a protracted affair.  To illustrate:

1.  First you fill out the MCS consignment form.  Then you ship the books out.  It usually takes about a week for anything I send (via USPS Priority Mail) to reach the MCS facilities.

2.  Consignments are typically checked in the same day MCS receives them.  (thumbsu

3.  Then about another week goes by for the books to be setup and made available to you to sell or put into in an auction.  I prefer going the auction route. 

4.  However, it might be several weeks out before you can put your books into a weekly auction pool which still has open slots.

5. Then at last you've arrived at the week of your auction.  Another week goes by for bidding.

6. The auction ends and the winning bidder is allowed three weeks to pay.  If a winning bidder doesn't pay, the book(s) are made available to you again to relist.  Three weeks wasted.  So you're right back to Step 4.  Like I said, the entire experience now becomes a protracted affair.  :tonofbricks:

No fees are refunded because consignment fees are not taken out until the winning bidder actually makes payment.

However, to conclude, despite all my whining, you still won't catch me going back to eBay

On 4/3/2022 at 6:24 PM, Kramerica said:

My experience with MCS continues to go very well. I have only sent in slabs and they have sold via both auction and BIN. Prices have been mostly good but I had an item go much lower than I expected in a recent auction. I have 10 books scheduled to go up with the Prime Auction beginning tomorrow and my hopes are high. The customer service has been excellent.

To follow up, I have 15 auctions in the MCS Prime Auction that is ending in the next couple of days, the biggest batch of books I've had listed yet. There are so many awesome books being offered in this auction that I have to try and not spend all my sales on other books lol

image.png.6a368c5abc05f097d81dd24235c6b380.png