• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,157 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, Ryan. said:

I also tend to price my books below what other copies are listed at in order to keep the cash flow moving. Having books sitting available for months on end doesn't do much for me. 

On the other hand I also scour the new listings and buy underpriced books to then reconsign back. It's all part of the game. 

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t like that MCS gives this option to immediately reconsign books.  I get it.  2 commissions.  But it just ends up regurgitating the same books but with higher prices.  

On 4/16/2022 at 11:23 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t like that MCS gives this option to immediately reconsign books.  I get it.  2 commissions.  But it just ends up regurgitating the same books but with higher prices.  

I just bought and requested reconsignment on a book from MCS' stock :cloud9:

I sell a lot through MCS and have a had some stuff sent back to me if the value was too low ....I think they are a lot stricter for grading on comics that have defects that can be easily pressed out..like light crumpling and non color breaking spine ticks  ...I have recently noticed significant decrease in grades for this...so I just don't send them comics with crumpling anymore ...unless I have them pressed

Edited by Ed Hanes

With Fixed Price consignments, you have a year and then you have to decide if you’re going to a) move them to a MCS auction, b) pay the freight to have them shipped back to you, or c) pay the MCS storage fee. 

Question for those who are experienced at consigning with MCS:

Have you ever decided to have consigned books sent back but instead of having them sent back to you, you have them sent directly to another venue, like ComicLink?

On 4/22/2022 at 12:47 PM, shadroch said:

I've never had a book not sell.

If mine don't sell within a year, I will just drive down and pick them up.  I don't envision this being an issue as I will just move the books to auction and let the bids fall where they may.

I have 3 items left from my first consignment, 163 days. I have a page of art from Starman at 134 days or such and think the market is reaching the price but will anyone see it? (It gets no love here at mcs, they have so many prints shouldn't a $1K piece of published art get some spotlight or attention instead of being lumped in with prints and unpublished pieces?) I bet they sell by the year mark.

Bought a book in one of their auctions, re-consigned it to them immediately without shipping to me. This item has been in setup since 4/20. :facepalm:

It seems the long wait it the most common complaint in this thread. Second would be deadbeat bidders. Then satisfaction pretty much.

Edited by Bird

On 5/17/2022 at 4:17 PM, kalanye said:

Interesting news about Steve Borock joining MCS! I’m curious what this means in terms of growth and visibility for MCS Consignment?

https://www.mycomicshop.com/news

I can't see how this doesn't work out well for everyone.  I suspect MCS will be showing up at cons soliciting consignments in the near future. 

Called MCS today, got some new guy on the phone.  Seemed to be quite the Deadhead.**

**DISCLAIMER- No actual call was made to MCS and no Deadheads were harmed in the making of this post.