• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego Comic Con International Nov 26-28 2021
1 1

95 posts in this topic

There have been rumblings about this "mini con" for a while. Thanksgiving weekend seems like one of the worst times to have it. I have checked their website and they keep saying information is "forth coming".

You would think, that if it were to happen there would be some info by now. Maybe having trouble lining up guests and vendors? 

I would consider driving down for a day if the dealer's area looked promising. I just don't see many out of state dealers traveling there for this event. And, without a dealer/vendor list it will be a no for me.

Would be cool since we other than the Torpedo show, are starving for a decent comic buying event in SO CA this year. 

Anybody hear anything?

SDCC website says proof of vaccination is required or proof of a negative Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours of each day of attending the event. Masks required regardless of vaccination status.  No vendor or guest list yet and no info about tickets. The Comic-Con Museum is supposed to have its grand opening on Nov. 26. 

I went in and checked. Thanks Ray. 

Same old dance to get passes. Looks like only a 3 day pass for $150. No one day passes. 

There was the announcement concerning the health requirements but no guests, no programs and no vendor list. Kind of like a $150. Mystery box...

I don’t expect this to go well. Thanksgiving weekend is a terrible date. I can’t see paying for 3 days for a show that I might only want to do for one day...(shrug)

I'm not certain at this point in time.  I know a lot of dealer friends that are looking this kind of a slap in the face to do it over a major holiday with so little advance notice for the most part consensus is it's a way of getting out of what they owe dealers for the   booth payments they made two years ago  and kind of a do it or lose it.  Another note I was checking on Hotel reservations and the week before this they are very normal and reasonable but the next weekend they are just ridiculously overpriced as if it was an actual San Diego Con happening more and then   Surprise! they go down again the following week FU SD. 

On 9/24/2021 at 5:46 PM, Robot Man said:

Looks like tickets go on sale for 3 day passes tomorrow. No announcements of guests, programs or vendors and it is basically a month away. Am I the only one who thinks that this is a recipe for disaster? 

Hey @Mmehdy you going? 

with this delta  thing going on, not the best timing on this show, and I agree little is known.....I am going in with a positive outlook, however I am not going to waste my time for nothing...I need more info to make a decision, however this might be the right buying opportunity if you have several out of town dealers who want to break even buying adjusting their prices to help recover their potential loss. I see or smell a real buying opportunity here. Being that my want list is so all over the place, I might just try it, even if I think is's going to bomb.. and make some low ball offers..you? ROBO

Edited by Mmehdy

On 9/25/2021 at 9:55 AM, Mmehdy said:

with this delta  thing going on, not the best timing on this show, and I agree little is known.....I am going in with a positive outlook, however I am not going to waste my time for nothing...I need more info to make a decision, however this might be the right buying opportunity if you have several out of town dealers who want to break even buying adjusting their prices to help recover their potential loss. I see or smell a real buying opportunity here. Being that my want list is so all over the place, I might just try it, even if I think is's going to bomb.. and make some low ball offers..you? ROBO

Yes we know how desperate our  beautiful blazing Bob is going to be and willing to accept anyone attempting at lowballing him, be prepared to have him laugh 😂 in your face. Bob and  whomever else travels across the country and incurs great expense to deliver funny books to us should be thanked and not attempted to be  taken advantage of. 

HighGradeComics web site does not show them going to SDCC.  A few months back, Bob's web site said Thanksgiving weekend made it very difficult for him to attend.  I think Harley Yee and Brad (FVF Comics) were planning to go.  Of course, those plans might have changed.  (shrug)

Even with the lack of information of some (or any) dealers attending, I would still go if there was an option for a one day ticket.  Without that, I'm staying home, eating turkey left overs and watching the Sunday Heritage auction.  For those of you going, I hope it is fun and worth while.