• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decorating the Morlock Tunnels: Art under $500
3 3

210 posts in this topic

Couple new pieces. All my art is Morlock art!

• I'm a huge Portacio fan so getting this for a reasonable price was massive for me
  • This DISAVOWED page was cheap on HA and the energy moves the figures across the page
  • I needed v3.0 page and this did the job
  • The FATE book is actually very good. This is my second from the series but I needed it because of the Ted Knight appearance
  • I don't love the digital stat panel BUT this is from that era where the Heroes Reborn Hawkeye was a member of Wildstorm team Wetworks? Too funny
  • Michael Lopez and Richard Bennett did stunning work on this DV8 page.

Portacio Stormwatch Team Achilles 6 pg 6.jpg

Lucas Disavowed 4 pf 13.jpg

Rouleau Wildcats v3.0 23 pg 3.jpg

Williams Fate 22 pg 7.jpg

Ryan, M Avengers #13 pg 4.jpg

Lopez DV8 #3 pg 8.jpg

It's been a while since I posted new acquisitions in this department. Here's a pair of pages from the just-published Action Comics #1059. The new Supergirl, Otho-Ra, is facing Janan Al Ghul, the evil daughter of Batman from another timeline. Pencils are by Eddy Barrows; inks by Eber Ferreira. I love the layout on the first page. See them both up-close here: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Eddy+Barrows&GCat=126562 Pages from the following issue just went on sale.

image.thumb.jpeg.883ecdcecfa45fdfd8f97da07d2b6da5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e57327f9664038317db963544aa607a3.jpeg

On 1/21/2024 at 8:25 AM, RBerman said:

It's been a while since I posted new acquisitions in this department. Here's a pair of pages from the just-published Action Comics #1059. The new Supergirl, Otho-Ra, is facing Janan Al Ghul, the evil daughter of Batman from another timeline. Pencils are by Eddy Barrows; inks by Eber Ferreira. I love the layout on the first page. See them both up-close here: https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Eddy+Barrows&GCat=126562 Pages from the following issue just went on sale.

image.thumb.jpeg.883ecdcecfa45fdfd8f97da07d2b6da5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e57327f9664038317db963544aa607a3.jpeg

Beautiful pieces; congrats. That first one reminds me of Colan.

Invader Zim cast by Matt Wendt.
The art is gray and black marker.

Invader Zim Pin-Up
Unpublished (To my knowledge).

I know, I know.
Invader Zim came on Nickelodeon when I was 30 years old.
But I love the show, the characters, the animation, the story.
I was a fan back then and I am a fan now. Guilty.

This is not a published piece of art (To my knowledge)
but include in a single pin-up all the characters and elements that made this show great!

FYI I still watch cartoons...

RAD76AD720231221_93015.thumb.jpg.8b4b6b36427fcb9d6cf44491ed1ea893.jpg

Four pages from 1989 by a famous editor/writer/artist for less than $500 including taxes and shipping!

My latest purchase came off eBay thanks to my friend Rob Stolzerr. Rob alerted me to four pages of Scribbly art drawn by Sheldon Mayer.

The full story is on the link, but the gist is:

• Scribbly is my favorite of Sheldon Mayer's creations
  • I've seen one such page in almost 20 years of collecting
  • I'd bid on these pages once before thinking they were the original pages from 1939's All-American Comics #6.

It turned out that they were actually recreations for DC's book "The Greatest Golden Age Stories Ever Told." The auction house refunded the money to the auction winner, the family kept the art, I figured I'd never see them again.

For once, I was happy to be wrong. Moreover, I won it for a lot less than they sold for in the Original Auction!

Yeah, I squandered more of my daughters' inheritance, but not very much. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=2000059 

image.thumb.jpeg.cc6308c27563bf635d00ed1134f897f7.jpeg