• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decorating the Morlock Tunnels: Art under $500
3 3

210 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2023 at 1:59 PM, babsrocks31 said:

Bautista irks me. Scammed me a few years ago and I can't bring myself to support his work anymore.

I contacted him about a commission. He said he would do it, then contacted me to ask if I wanted some art he had for sale too. Said they were old chaos pages just sitting around and would let them go without much trouble. So, I paid him for everything. Then he ghosted me.

I sent him one email that was little more firm, asking about a refund.  He said the pages were actually  just prints, but he'd still send them with my commission. 

Then said he didn't have them, but never refunded me.

Then ghosted me and sent me nothing.

Then he sent me a scan of the commission (it wasn't very good), but never actually shipped it to me, and never mentioned the "art" he sold me again. I might be misremembering this, but he may have even implied that since he'd drawn the commission our deal was done and he didn't need to ship it to me (despite me paying for shipping and him offering to send me other art).

This was over six years ago. He also told me he would only accept western union transfer (first warning sign) NOT PayPal.

To this day, one of the worst experiences I have ever had with an artist. The only one that rivals it was Peter 'pedro' Vale another old chaos artist.

What an abdominal, soulless thief. I h8 garbage like this. He needs to be punished. 💀 👻 🖼️

On 6/4/2023 at 6:14 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Was the Rudy DPS panel squiggle for the layout intended to mean something?

Other pages in the issue have this same border technique and make it clear that this is Cyclops' optic blasts going crazy. You can see his face on the left side of this page, for instance. But he didn't make it onto the page I posted previously.

image.jpeg.2d9599cafd3525d51fc26331258f3db6.jpeg

On 6/17/2023 at 2:25 AM, grapeape said:

What an abdominal, soulless thief. I h8 garbage like this. He needs to be punished. 💀 👻 🖼️

Thank you. Ive moved on, but felt very crummy at the time.

I wouldn't recommend anyone do business with him, but I hope if others do it goes better for them than it did for me.

I bought 4 pages from Pier Gallo which I had been trying to find for years. He is a European artist who has only done 2 story runs in the US, both for DC comics (He apparently doesn't like DC's scheduling and isn't likely to do more). One of them was a 4 issue run for Superboy, and I liked their crispness as soon as I read the first book. After trying to find him on-line for years, I finally did so several weeks ago. The first one below was published with pencils and inks. The second was published with pencils and computer inks. He offered to ink the other 3 personally, so what the heck, I grabbed them.The first is pencils and inks, the second is pencils and post-publication inks. I also have two more. Unfortunately, he insisted on sending them rolled up, so they are currently in my "press". 

20230620_193903.thumb.jpg.9f6c4c91c1f66209b20767896ed1279c.jpg20230620_193953.thumb.jpg.67683f5a86acbe215082f3976c7a3d97.jpg

On 6/25/2023 at 3:58 PM, Rick2you2 said:

I bought 4 pages from Pier Gallo which I had been trying to find for years. He is a European artist who has only done 2 story runs in the US, both for DC comics (He apparently doesn't like DC's scheduling and isn't likely to do more). One of them was a 4 issue run for Superboy, and I liked their crispness as soon as I read the first book. After trying to find him on-line for years, I finally did so several weeks ago. The first one below was published with pencils and inks. The second was published with pencils and computer inks. He offered to ink the other 3 personally, so what the heck, I grabbed them.The first is pencils and inks, the second is pencils and post-publication inks. I also have two more. Unfortunately, he insisted on sending them rolled up, so they are currently in my "press". 

20230620_193903.thumb.jpg.9f6c4c91c1f66209b20767896ed1279c.jpg20230620_193953.thumb.jpg.67683f5a86acbe215082f3976c7a3d97.jpg

Beautiful work. Your tenacity paid off!

Mandrake page featuring Zatanna, Etrigan, Doctor Fate, and Phantom Stranger.

Glad Zatanna went back to her original outfit and spellcasting technique after this, and I don't love the female sexed up Dr. Fate, but it's still a fun high octane page.

Screenshot_20230410-154949.png

Edited by babsrocks31

On 6/26/2023 at 1:09 AM, babsrocks31 said:

Mandrake page featuring Zatanna, Etrigan, Doctor Fate, and Phantom Stranger.

Gad Zatanna went back to her original outfit and spellcasting technique after this, and I don't love the female sexed up Dr. Fate, but it's still a fun high octane page.

Screenshot_20230410-154949.png

I've liked that book as well:

MandrakeI17p13.thumb.jpg.04cfefe8fbbbfd0cec0ce6a51b0e162e.jpgMandrakeI17p10.thumb.jpg.b06bf7f320c54dcd09f26bc52094582e.jpg

On 6/25/2023 at 3:58 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Very underrated artist. Pages look great. Thanks for posting.

Among my recent acquisitions: I already had three Dheeraj Verma pages from Conan the Slayer #12. I just got the three pages after each of these, making them double page spreads. Except one is actually pages 11 and 12 and thus didn't appear as a spread, but whatever.

image.thumb.jpeg.b9fecad0f7447361e034f4a0139929d2.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c0cf504cfd1fbdbc87be3b2358e45718.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5a8cad59e143e23704f257314c1bfa31.jpeg

Two new pick-ups

Drax page by Scott Hepburn. CM Punk wrote the issues and cool art throughout.

Amazing Spider-Man page by Humberto Ramos, From one of my favorite issues. Boomerang takes roommate Peter Parker to a Spider-Man quizbowl with his villians. Of course Peter wins.

DRAX SH.jpg

RAMOSASM.jpg

Have a few pickups recently that are Tunnel Territory, most recent is this one!

First Chaykin and first time purchasing overseas (Tavole Originali in Italy) they were great to deal with. 

Creepy #64 p.39

Chaykin - Creepy n.64 p.39.jpg

Edited by BVladimirHarkonnen
mispell