• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm losing all faith in CGC!
2 2

101 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2021 at 7:20 PM, toro said:

Yikes! I worked in a hat factory when I was young.  I had to pick the orders and had to make sure every thing that was ordered was there.  I also had to open the boxes to make sure the company that shipped the bulk hats to us put the correct hats in the box and I was limited on time.  I never screwed up and I was making a whole $2.65 an hour.  

Reads like a story from the 1940s

On 9/20/2021 at 5:20 PM, toro said:

Yikes! I worked in a hat factory when I was young.  I had to pick the orders and had to make sure every thing that was ordered was there.  I also had to open the boxes to make sure the company that shipped the bulk hats to us put the correct hats in the box and I was limited on time.  I never screwed up and I was making a whole $2.65 an hour.  

Hats off to ya

On 10/12/2021 at 11:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Correct. This is one of the reprint editions. Star Wars reprints are a bag of cats, but no actual "35 cent variant" books have diamond logos 

On 10/12/2021 at 11:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'd like to see the grader's notes!  "I can't believe she left me for that guy!"  :wink:

On 10/13/2021 at 12:26 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:

Has their ever been a horror story of damage to a very high dollar book, or does it just seem to happen to those who fly economy (coach)?!  :wink:

Not exactly damage , but this was posted earlier. 

Now I am worried. I thought they always worked them in order received? I sent some in on 9/13, grading only, and already complete and in the mail ahead of the ones I sent in on 5/19 which still says scheduled for grading.

On 10/13/2021 at 1:26 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:

Has their ever been a horror story of damage to a very high dollar book, or does it just seem to happen to those who fly economy (coach)?!  :wink:

Yes there is. A member sent his father's Avengers 4 to be graded. It came back torn on the right edge. He sent it back to them and the again sent it back with the bottom edge crushed. It was put back in the well wrong and had slipped. He sent it back a third time. I forget what happened after that. It received a grade of 7.0. It was torn during the grading process.