• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the Scarcest Comic Books of the 1950s?
6 6

81 posts in this topic

This topic comes up from time to time.  I'd be more interested if it was a list of books 

you've never even seen, it's never been slabbed, it's never been sold, noone you know or has heard of has ever owned one or known someone who has owned a copy

what are the comic equivalents of Big Foot?

On 9/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, Dr. Love said:

I'd be more interested if it was a list of books you've never even seen, it's never been slabbed, it's never been sold, noone you know or has heard of has ever owned one or known someone who has owned a copy.

Until a few years ago, I'd have put "The Nightingale" on that list.  But, SOTIcollector now owns the one I found.

The remaining Big Foots that I can think of might be limited to the publications the U.S. government destroyed because the publishers were violating the paper conservation laws back in the 1940s.  They existed, they were likely destroyed, unless the LoC or some other government agency or former employee has them tucked away somewhere.  Read this thread (and I'm glad you didn't say Sasquatches because the very cool Canadian editions up above are sort of a cheat, as my guess is that there are lots of very rare or lost foreign editions of U.S. comics) :

Edited by sfcityduck

Some good answers so far. Honestly, and no offense to the OP, but the original question is so broad and info on books is so murky that I couldn't begin to even guess. Too hard to parse between 'book X doesn't exist' and variations on 'book X might exist but doesn't come up for sale or have that many people actively searching for it', especially when comparing books across different genres.