• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guide prices
4 4

37 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2021 at 4:02 AM, Lightning55 said:

I don't pay anything to Key Collector, and I get the info I am looking for (which books are the important issues).

Look, the CGC boards have always been the wrong place to push that app.  The guy building a run of Jungle Comics wipes his arse with Spider-verse clones and Harley Quinn remakes, but none of his books are listed because "not key".  What good is that?

Edited by FineCollector

On 10/2/2021 at 8:28 AM, FineCollector said:

Look, the CGC boards have always been the wrong place to push that app.  The guy building a run of Jungle Comics wipes his arse with Spider-verse clones and Harley Quinn remakes, but none of his books are listed because "not key".  What good is that?

I wasn't pushing anything, but I can see how that could be interpreted.  I don't know much about the site, just found it useful for sorting, and reducing the number of comics to look up individually, while also vetting it against other sites to make sure it didn't leave out any comics of value.  I only use it a few times a year when I get up enough ambition to go through backstock.

On 10/2/2021 at 5:28 AM, FineCollector said:

So the guy putting together an oscure golden age run doesn't find a site dedicated to the hobbies hottest books useful. Wy should that effect the 98% of the hobby who doesn't collect obscure GA books?  Should we all reject Overstreet because it doesn't cover foreign editions? 

On 10/2/2021 at 10:44 AM, Tanner Comics said:

No, we should applaud them for not wasting their time covering foreign reprints. I'd rather complain about them not including Undergrounds.

What you collect rocks! What they collect sux!

For what it is worth, Ive never met a serious Underground collector. In recent years I've run into a lot of foreign comic collectors. I've no numbers to back up my assertion but it wouldn't surprise me if the foreign collectors outnumber the underground ones these days. Both groups almost certainly outnumber the Platinum Age ones.

key collector includes too many non key key frost appearances.  I used it and went through my boxes and pulled all the listings.  A year later went through the new box and wondered why al these books were worth pulling!  They just include ANY first appearance and dont really rate their significance except for their prices, which are all over the map:  too high, too low, and ????

On 10/2/2021 at 2:44 PM, Aman619 said:

key collector includes too many non key key frost appearances.  I used it and went through my boxes and pulled all the listings.  A year later went through the new box and wondered why al these books were worth pulling!  They just include ANY first appearance and dont really rate their significance except for their prices, which are all over the map:  too high, too low, and ????

I think Kiki Frost sang "Don't Go Breaking My Ice" with Meltin' John.

image.png.ff005a7eeb7fb3cf059b3eeaf8dc8ffb.png

Edited by valiantman

On 10/4/2021 at 9:32 AM, valiantman said:
On 10/2/2021 at 2:44 PM, Aman619 said:

I think Kiki Frost sang "Don't Go Breaking My Ice" with Meltin' John.

SoftFeistyBeaver-size_restricted.gifHe's Bad, He's Cool, He's Nobody's Fool! :headbang: 

On 10/2/2021 at 2:03 PM, shadroch said:

For what it is worth, Ive never met a serious Underground collector. In recent years I've run into a lot of foreign comic collectors. I've no numbers to back up my assertion but it wouldn't surprise me if the foreign collectors outnumber the underground ones these days. 

For what it is worth, I've never met a serious collector of foreign editions, but have met several serious Underground collectors.  
So your anecdotal evidence means as much as mine.  Which is nothing.  

On 10/6/2021 at 5:04 PM, djzombi said:

For what it is worth, I've never met a serious collector of foreign editions, but have met several serious Underground collectors.  

If you think your experiance is worth nothing, I'm not inclined to disagree with you.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:04 PM, djzombi said:

hm I collect foreign editions.