• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board Error Messages and Outages
5 5

101 posts in this topic

On 10/22/2021 at 4:27 AM, Pitboss said:

Why didn't they send out a mass e-mail? :censored: :screwy:

That's a very good idea, even at this late stage. Too late for some, but a good way to reach and help those still struggling. And an apology might restore a touch of good will in the hearts of those who are flagging. It would show us they care. 

I've got nothing more to say on it, you'll be pleased to hear. They sodded it up, I tried to help, we've had zero communication, here I am moaning about it instead of boring everyone with pence drivel. Same drill every time. What is it they say about people who keep doing the same thing and expect a different result?

On 10/22/2021 at 1:36 AM, Randall Dowling said:

Yes.  And I'm beginning to think it's a feature, not a bug.  Try searching for any number of threads that called attention to some of the grading issues over the last 15 years.  

Best of luck.

It's been reported:

Although some might say that stopping people finding my pence threads is a public service. 

• Administrator
On 10/21/2021 at 3:11 PM, buttock said:

How in the living hell did you not think to notify people that there's a new URL for the boards.  

There was supposed to be a redirect in place. 

• Administrator
On 10/21/2021 at 5:43 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I said the same in one of the threads covering this. A banner message is possible - they did one for the Journals migration. 

Bottom line, CGC staff may care passionately about this forum. They may open a vein when it doesn't work and gnash their teeth behind the scenes. But if they never tell us, never show it, and generally go out of their way to promote the exact polar opposite position - namely that they don't give one toss - what do they expect us all to think?

We're not mind readers. 

The only CGC staff here on this board has been me. A team has been needed here for some time as I am an individual responsible for MANY areas of all of the CCG businesses. Not an excuse but an explanation of why things have gone down the way they have. I am happy that a team is being assembled and hopefully many of these concerns will be addressed soon.

On 10/22/2021 at 11:02 AM, dena said:

The only CGC staff here on this board has been me. A team has been needed here for some time as I am an individual responsible for MANY areas of all of the CCG businesses. Not an excuse but an explanation of why things have gone down the way they have. I am happy that a team is being assembled and hopefully many of these concerns will be addressed soon.

Hopefully this will be better going forward.  It sure feels like this board is being neglected.

On 10/22/2021 at 6:02 PM, dena said:

Cool. You know I want to be supportive Dena. You're a decent person. But members have been locked out for coming up to 2 days now, and it's entirely reasonable for us to get the hump when so many of us called the issue out within hours of the update. We just wanted a single line response to say "on it". Not necessarily from you personally, but from "CGC".

You've been battling away on your own for a long time now - a bolstered team will be good for everyone.

Thanks for everything you've done, and are still doing, behind the scenes :foryou:

On 10/22/2021 at 1:02 PM, dena said:

We just need someone to do their job. Heck, they don’t even need to do it well. Just put in the modicum of effort to simply do the job. 

Sad that it’s come to that. 

On 10/22/2021 at 12:58 PM, dena said:

There was supposed to be a redirect in place. 

Seems to be working quite well now and the redirect captures the full URL and query string. :applause:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/497901-board-error-messages-and-outages/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-12022563

On 10/22/2021 at 1:02 PM, dena said:

:foryou: appreciate what you do. Seriously, if you ever need Beta testers for things like this just ask. I'm sure plenty of us here would help to make sure things go smoother.

• Administrator
On 10/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, awakeintheashes said:

We just need someone to do their job. Heck, they don’t even need to do it well. Just put in the modicum of effort to simply do the job. 

Sad that it’s come to that. 

Agreed...we are working on getting that someone who can make the boards their primary focus.

On 10/22/2021 at 1:22 PM, universal soldier said:

Seems to be working quite well now and the redirect captures the full URL and query string. :applause:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/497901-board-error-messages-and-outages/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-12022563

Hey, you're right. That's great!  (thumbsu

On 10/23/2021 at 4:28 PM, RareHighGrade said:

I'm unable to sign in to the Boards when using Microsoft Edge as my browser.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I don't know about edge specifically, but pick your thread lol