• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete List of Fantastic Four Comic Books & Related Titles

14 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2021 at 5:31 PM, cosmic-spider-man said:

cool list,  I would include Strange Tales #101 up with the Human Torch stories some had the THING guest starring and I think one had the whole Fantastic four, also some early Marvel Team-Ups featured the Human Torch team-up with other Marvel Heroes.  

He headlines MTU 18 and 326B7DCF6A-5390-4DC3-B549-032E33BD5DEC.thumb.jpeg.b090a2ec0bde3b5c7c9311b77b28185d.jpegF7905B66-945A-4233-819C-B6172CAB8F65.thumb.jpeg.0892dc14c663b4d154ce2fc3db059ecf.jpeg(thumbsu

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

What about Marvel's Greatest Comics? I undertook a similar mission with Spider-man but kept it to the main titles (Amazing, web of, sensational etc...). Drew the line with Marvel tales and settled on 1- 125 for that series. It's still a work in progress but I'm 95% there.

Massive undertaking for sure, good luck on your quest!

On 10/10/2021 at 5:31 PM, cosmic-spider-man said:

cool list,  I would include Strange Tales #101 up with the Human Torch stories some had the THING guest starring and I think one had the whole Fantastic four, also some early Marvel Team-Ups featured the Human Torch team-up with other Marvel Heroes.  

Thanks, I forgot about Strange Tales. I'll look into it and Marvel Team-Up.

On 10/10/2021 at 6:32 PM, Amazeron said:

Have you read them all?

If my count is accurate, I own roughly 75% of the issues on the list. I have probably read less than 25%. I own 100% of the Fantastic Four issues in the Ultimate Marvel category but haven't read a single one yet.

On 10/10/2021 at 7:58 PM, universal soldier said:

What about Marvel's Greatest Comics? I undertook a similar mission with Spider-man but kept it to the main titles (Amazing, web of, sensational etc...). Drew the line with Marvel tales and settled on 1- 125 for that series. It's still a work in progress but I'm 95% there.

Massive undertaking for sure, good luck on your quest!

Marvel's Greatest Comics was a reprint, right? For now I'm not including reprints on the list. Other reprints include Marvel Collectors' Item Classics, The Complete Fantastic Four (UK), Marvel Selects: Fantastic Four, and True Believers: Fantastic Four.

I probably missed these, but did you include both The End miniseries? I can't recall seeing both? One is by Alan Davis, and IMO a pretty good read (and of course, gorgeous to look at). It's a 6 issue miniseries, later published in hardcover and I would assume softcover too (I only bought it in singles and hardcover), and the other one that came out after that also titled The End, which was an oversized oneshot by Stan Lee and John Romita Jr. I didn't like this one. 

Their actions didn't ring true to me, iirc, and I can't stand JRJR's art, which obviously didn't help. 

On 10/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, Mr. Spider-Woman said:

Main Titles

Fantastic Four

Volume 1    1961-1996; 2003-2011; 2011-2012; 2015
Volume 2    1996-1997
Volume 3    1998-2003
Volume 4    2013-2014
Volume 5    2014-2015
Volume 6    2018-Present

I am confused by "Volume 1"...

On 10/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I am confused by "Volume 1"...

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fantastic_Four_Vol_1

Marvel really made a :censored: mess of the numbering when they introduced V2 & V3 (Hero's reborn and return) and other subsequent numbering changes. 

On 10/11/2021 at 9:48 AM, universal soldier said:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fantastic_Four_Vol_1

Marvel really made a :censored: mess of the numbering when they introduced V2 & V3 (Hero's reborn and return) and other subsequent numbering changes. 

And I thought that it couldn't get any worse than DC going from Action/'Tec Vol. 2 back to Vol. 1. lol

I've added Strange Tales (Volume 1) #101-122 and Strange Tales Annual (Volume 1) #2 to Solo Titles under The Human Torch. I'm not sure where to put Strange Tales (Volume 1) #124-134 that featured both The Human Torch and The Thing. Or the 1994 Marvel Select one-shot Strange Tales Featuring Thing, Dr. Strange, Human Torch.

Maybe I need to add a new category for Team-Ups. The Strange Tales issues featuring The Human Torch and The Thing can be listed there plus the various issues of Marvel Team-Up (Volume 1) featuring members of the Fantastic Four. I can also move the 2018-2019 Marvel 2-In-One series. Or maybe change Solo Titles to Solo Titles & Team-Ups.

On 10/11/2021 at 1:37 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I probably missed these, but did you include both The End miniseries? I can't recall seeing both? One is by Alan Davis, and IMO a pretty good read (and of course, gorgeous to look at). It's a 6 issue miniseries, later published in hardcover and I would assume softcover too (I only bought it in singles and hardcover), and the other one that came out after that also titled The End, which was an oversized oneshot by Stan Lee and John Romita Jr. I didn't like this one. 

Their actions didn't ring true to me, iirc, and I can't stand JRJR's art, which obviously didn't help. 

The End miniseries is listed under Miniseries & Limited Series. The one-shot you mention is titled The Last Fantastic Four Story and is listed under One-Shots.

On 10/11/2021 at 9:49 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

And I thought that it couldn't get any worse than DC going from Action/'Tec Vol. 2 back to Vol. 1. lol

The weirdest part of Marvel renumbering Fantastic Four Volume 1 is counting the 11 issues of FF Volume 1 published between issue 588 (cover date April 2011) and issue 600 (cover date January 2012).

Edited by Mr. Spider-Woman