• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will CGC change its packaging??

11 posts in this topic

UPDATE (10/13/21): FYI to anyone who has this same issue, spoke with CGC folks and they directed me to use the new Mechanical Error submission on the new form. So just send them back that way instead of waiting a day or two for CGC to get back to you. Link Here

So I've finally had a submission returned with almost every card being scuffed up. At first I thought it was just dust, but after wiping it down it is indeed a scuff on the case itself. I remember forum members bringing this up months ago and this still seems to be an issue. @PaulS., is there a plan in the works for updating the packaging because this is really unacceptable especially after all this time.

This is the packaging. How is this supposed to stop the cards from rattling around?? What about if styrofoam is too expensive or not eco friendly, that CGC places them in sleeves since the issue doesn't seem to be cracking but scuffing.

IMG_5999.thumb.jpg.0d4df128bd06f4e5250c7d16a57c3117.jpg

Here are some of the damaged cases. The Steelix is after I cleaned the case. The other are before wiping it down.

IMG_5994.thumb.jpg.d272356f02c437d30829864129cb61f9.jpgIMG_5998.thumb.jpg.1196479ce12d35c06e21c5fdf98d7e2c.jpgIMG_5997.thumb.jpg.7344a7b0c7e001edc74ee6ab7da17be3.jpg

Edited by kreativemente
New information

I remember Paul mentioning it was going to be changed again...sad to see it wasn't. I had a sub come back 2 weeks ago that had this same packaging, I was lucky enough to only have 2 damaged out of 38 cards. Hopefully this changes ASAP, and the people that this affected get to cut the line for their cards to be re-encapsulated...not fair for you to wait another 3 months.

• Administrator

I'm sorry to see this! The change was recently made to a different material for the inner packaging, but cards holdered before the change will be in the holder style ones.. You can reach out to customer service to see what they can do for you on these. Service@cgccards.com. 

Thanks,

Paul

I had a sub with bulk cards that needed two boxes. One of them had these dividers in it, and the slabs paid the price for it with surface issues on a few. The other box had a similar style insert, but made of a different material. Those cards managed the shipment in better condition, and had way less dust on them from the packaging. The new inserts to separate the cards are way better. Still not as good as the foam stuff, but I can imagine that was creating a lot more shipping cost due to the bulk of those.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, Ron Churches said:

I had a sub with bulk cards that needed two boxes. One of them had these dividers in it, and the slabs paid the price for it with surface issues on a few. The other box had a similar style insert, but made of a different material. Those cards managed the shipment in better condition, and had way less dust on them from the packaging. The new inserts to separate the cards are way better. Still not as good as the foam stuff, but I can imagine that was creating a lot more shipping cost due to the bulk of those.

This is exactly what happened to my sub I received today. @PaulS. I really hope this doesn't happen to my next sub.

On 10/13/2021 at 11:48 AM, kreativemente said:

FYI to anyone who has this same issue, spoke with CGC folks and they directed me to use the new Mechanical Error submission on the new form. So just send them back that way instead of waiting a day or two for CGC to get back to you.

It took almost 3 months to get back my 1 slab with a labeling error....

On 10/13/2021 at 11:54 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

It took almost 3 months to get back my 1 slab with a labeling error....

Oh I was referring to the email response time, not the process itself. No clue how long that will take. I did send a Mew back once to be reholdered (Dropped and cracked it on my part, so I paid FYI) and it took about 3 weeks. IDK what kind of time table mechanical errors follow, hopefully the reholder turn around time O_O