• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim lee signing
4 4

110 posts in this topic

Just checked the grades, yes I like to sneak a peek at my presents before they arrive. X-Men #1 Magneto cover former raw - 9.8 :banana:, X-Men 248 previously CGC graded 9.6 stayed same but X-Men 4 previously CGC graded 9.6 dropped to 9.2 as it picked up a "light stain top of back cover" during the process :frown:. First time in many many submissions I've had a drop but a bit bummed. 

On 12/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, rexinnih said:

Just checked the grades, yes I like to sneak a peek at my presents before they arrive. X-Men #1 Magneto cover former raw - 9.8 :banana:, X-Men 248 previously CGC graded 9.6 stayed same but X-Men 4 previously CGC graded 9.6 dropped to 9.2 as it picked up a "light stain top of back cover" during the process :frown:. First time in many many submissions I've had a drop but a bit bummed. 

Ahhhhhh man, but signed now nonetheless.... I have a submission with an x-men 4 coming back 9.2, and it's an undercopy, I already own a 9 6.

My point :makepoint: I know the value drop you just had, yet its signed now, hopefully that gives it eye appeal. 

Still doesnt sound too bad overall. But if it did happen during grading or while at cgc then eek!

On 12/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, waynemel said:

Another update, checked today and it went to Grading/Quality Control.  So it looks to be close to 4 weeks from GEI.

Another update, today's status is marked Shipped!  About 4 days from QC to Shipped.  Will hopefully get by end of the week.  I will wait to check on the grade (not looking for it to be high) until I open package.  Just happy to get comic signed by all and slabbed.  Will post pic.

On 1/4/2022 at 2:15 PM, LudaToke said:

I got mine in the mail today and am quite happy with it.  Others can't be far behind now.

original_9c7510f9-d110-4290-8d52-f949df233c4d_PXL_20220104_194009018.jpg.6e8981d49e7d3ab17d5a3dbb020c5764.jpg

Awesome! And a out of the box thinking or character, would be for me anyway, CONGRATS! :x 

Hi there everyone, sorry I'm a little late to this conversation.  I also got a sketch by Jim Lee and I received it today.

I have Good and bad things to say about it:

The Bad:  I submit 13-15 Blank cover variants a year for signature and sketchs, never have I had one come back less than a 9.8.  I clean, press etc.... before sending them out.  This one came back a 9.4, with NO grader comments!  Will be asking CGC what they were shortly.

The Good:  The Sketch is AMAZING, I love it alot!  I requested Storm of the X-men, but I wanted her in the 80's style, you know mohawk hair style and Jim Lee nailed it!  This is awesome!

Just my take on the whole thing, thanks!  I hope everyone's items return to them in the near future.

Happy New Year!storm.thumb.jpg.9d8b5c67c134afe6d965e640bf0e6d41.jpg

On 1/4/2022 at 4:02 PM, topedaddy said:

Hi there everyone, sorry I'm a little late to this conversation.  I also got a sketch by Jim Lee and I received it today.

The Bad:  I submit 13-15 Blank cover variants a year for signature and sketchs, never have I had one come back less than a 9.8.  I clean, press etc.... before sending them out.  This one came back a 9.4, with NO grader comments!  Will be asking CGC what they were shortly.

The Good:  The Sketch is AMAZING, I love it alot!  I requested Storm of the X-men, but I wanted her in the 80's style, you know mohawk hair style and Jim Lee nailed it!  This is awesome!

Just my take on the whole thing, thanks!  I hope everyone's items return to them in the near future.

Awesome awesome awesome,  I chose Gambit on x-men 266, I've seen some examples and I'm hoping hoping hoping!

On 1/4/2022 at 2:02 PM, topedaddy said:

This is incredible. Two questions, are there any visible defects? I had a similar issue getting an in person sketch from Jim Lee this summer. It came back a 9.6 and it seems absolutely flawless to me. 

is this for sale? Of course I’ll have to get a discount since it is a 9.4

On 1/4/2022 at 5:02 PM, topedaddy said:

That is a great Storm! I'm sorry about the grade.  Any visible damage?

On 1/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, LudaToke said:

Were you holding on to that blank sketch cover with Stan Lee's sig for 9 years waiting for the right opportunity?

No, this one I bought a few years back. I still have a few that I had Stan sign personally and a few that I have bought.

On 1/3/2022 at 4:11 PM, waynemel said:

Another update, today's status is marked Shipped!  About 4 days from QC to Shipped.  Will hopefully get by end of the week.  I will wait to check on the grade (not looking for it to be high) until I open package.  Just happy to get comic signed by all and slabbed.  Will post pic.

Last update for me for the Jim Lee signing.  Package arrived today and very happy with it. I got triple signing. Very happy/surprise with 9.6.  Great job by CCS. 

JL_superman_ss.jpeg