• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Herbert's DUNE PART 2 from Legendary Pictures (11/17/23)
6 6

338 posts in this topic

Can't see this until 3/10 'cause that's the earliest I can get good seats at the IMAX screen I want to see it on.  Normally if I start looking to buy seats on Monday for the upcoming weekend that's plenty of time, but not for this one.  

I did see it in iMax, and worth it! @Axelrod

Especially if you have seen the first one, a worthy continuance with nuances that make it attractive. The special effects may seem black and white even for pg-13 but every once in a while I'd glance back at the audience who was glued.

I was on the front row from the entrance way, so not down further front real close to the screen, but the floor seats basically that started the upward tier of seats.

If not for the iMax big screen it might have suffered. A lot of critics choice got the best seats and they were full up.

An enjoyable experience nonetheless and a tote bag this time, as the first movie had thin black long sleeve tshirts.

It was gritty and good 💯

IMG_20240226_220902169~2.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/27/2024 at 5:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It WAS two hours and forty five minutes long 😂

Currently watching Oppenheimer.

Fascinated by the subject matter.  Made it to around 35 minutes before needing a break. (For concentration, not ‘the executive washroom’.)

Edited by Ken Aldred

Saw it tonight. Will share thoughts over the next couple of days!

Legendary Entertainment/Warner Bros‘ Dune: Part Two is off to a strong start with $10 million-plus in previews, per industry estimates Thursday. We hear that figure includes $2M from the Imax fan event screening that took place February 25. Note that these numbers do not come from Warner Bros, so they might be higher or lower Friday morning. Previews began at 3 p.m. today.

At $10M+, that’s the biggest preview cash we’ve seen since Barbenheimer on Thursday, July 20, when Warner Bros’ Barbie made $22.3M and Universal’s Oppenheimer did $10.5M. Also, Five Nights at Freddy’s, despite going day-and-date on Universal’s Peacock streaming service put up a great Thursday night preview of $10.3M on October 26.

Very excited to see this in 70mm Imax next week in SF with the kids. 1 of only 12 theaters to show it in 70mm in the world. 
Imax 70mm and Imax with laser are the only way to get the 40 minutes of the full expanded 1.43:1 aspect ratio, which I believe bring the total to about 40 theaters worldwide.

I had to reserve seats for a 10PM Sunday show to get the Imax 70mm give-away strips which should hopefully make the total 6 hour round trip worth it.
They give a different one out each week for select showing during the first 3 weeks.

I also gotta get one of those worm fleshlights if they still have em. Only at AMC theaters I believe.

Also for those interested here is a map for Dune 2 showings with Imax dome, 35mm Imax 35mm, and Imax with Lazer.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1NPKQZXW4ElHXw0ghyTEbuNlNWGCX-oc&ll=22.46025093959898%2C-109.53122579165532&z=5

Edited by Rip