• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

CGC has no control of anything that is posted on another forum.  I do know that management doesn't even want discussions from other forums brought up here.  Warnings were issued by admins in the past for these kinds of discussions.  So, lets drop this subject now.  

Thank you. I will. 

On 11/15/2021 at 1:14 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

@CGC Mike Mike, I'm tired of being told that members here are slagging me off on other forums. Can you confirm to Hector whether I am 'sucking up' to you? If I am not, can you tell me what you intend to do about members who constantly post malicious nonsense about members on other forums? How can that be right? How can Hector post this drivel freely, and then return here each time without censure? I've seen much worse than the above posted. 

This reminds me of a time when I was a manager and had to have a conversation with two cashiers because one was "talking trash" about the other on Facebook.
The one that was having rumors spread about them on Facebook wanted the other person fired.
Again, it wasn't done at work. It was done in their free time.
We couldn't do anything about it, since it didn't happen at work, except ask them to be civil and follow the various guidelines in our training manuals whilst at work.
If they violated those work rules they would be held accountable.

On 11/15/2021 at 8:44 AM, MyNameIsLegion said:

Can we just have a board function that limits the number and frequency of posts from anyone, or can be turned on for users that really push the envelope consistently, just enough to test the boundaries or the rules, and often the boundaries of patience and good taste to the point they generate backlash and controversy that has nothing to do with comics?

No.

:384905918_highfiveemoji:

I want to update that at least all my food is bought for Thanksgiving but the onions and celery!

Is it too early to break out dessert?!?!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/15/2021 at 10:20 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I love how the "sales board" is his/her barometer for someone's contributions to the community. lol

To be fair, I believe the point was that someone who is posting in a sales thread might naturally exceed an arbitrary and unnecessary post limit, and thus should not be subject to that limit.

On 11/15/2021 at 4:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:384905918_highfiveemoji:

I want to update that at least all my food is bought for Thanksgiving but the onions and celery!

Is it too early to break out dessert?!?!

My crummy #20,500

:2135781879_wavingwhiteflagemoji:

Screenshot_20211115-170029.png

1962490925amazing-electrc-feel-fireworks-gif.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/15/2021 at 6:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

My crummy #20,500

:2135781879_wavingwhiteflagemoji:

Screenshot_20211115-170029.png

1962490925amazing-electrc-feel-fireworks-gif.gif

don't quote yourself n00b :sumo:

What is your stuffing all about? I need sausage in my stuffing, w/onion, celery, parsley. garlic, Peppridge Farm croutons and stock. I think that is it! I am going to my brother's for Thanksgiving and if the stuffing is too wet there will be words.

On 11/15/2021 at 5:07 PM, Bird said:

don't quote yourself n00b :sumo:

What is your stuffing all about? I need sausage in my stuffing, w/onion, celery, parsley. garlic, Peppridge Farm croutons and stock. I think that is it! I am going to my brother's for Thanksgiving and if the stuffing is too wet there will be words.

salt, pepper sage, boiled eggs, cornbread, bread, chicken broth, celery, onions

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/15/2021 at 5:27 PM, Gaard said:

I can't stand onions on my burgers, but I love onion rings. It's weird.

No worries, I have family over all the time that say they hate onions, but they like the cooking and est them all the time. Not always, I try to be mindful  :)