• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MegaCon Orlando - May 19-22, 2022 (a Fan Expo HQ event)
3 3

33 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if CGC will be grading/encapsulating books on site like they have in the past?

The website seems to indicate that you can submit them in person and they will be taken back to HQ for grading/encapsulating.

I'm looking for any angle to cut the 102/223 day wait time.

• Administrator
On 5/14/2022 at 9:19 AM, PickleRick1216 said:

Does anyone know if CGC will be grading/encapsulating books on site like they have in the past?

The website seems to indicate that you can submit them in person and they will be taken back to HQ for grading/encapsulating.

I'm looking for any angle to cut the 102/223 day wait time.

No, the books will be taken back to CGC for grading.  Basically, it saves you shipping costs to CGC. 

If anyone is able to pick up a book from Scott Blair's table and ship it to me, let me know via PM. :shy: He's got a sketch cover already CGC'd that I'd love to have, but none of the facilitator's that I reached out to responded to got back to me.

I understand this is a pretty big ask though.

Edited by austinhg

Here is my take on Megacon this year.

Not a very good buying show.  There wasn't a lot of inventory raw or slabbed that I needed which is really sad.  

I did my numbers by end of day friday.

This was great because there was no internet for 6 hours on saturday.  It was so bad that you couldn't make a phone call out.  Texts to Informa were returned with that they were working with the internet provider to sort things out.  Lost 2 cash/trade deals and multiple cc sales because I couldn't find out values and couldn't get a connection to run my cc purchases.  This was not just me,  multiple vendors were complaining about no service.  AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile,  it didn't matter.  A major venue/promoter that oversells the show should be SMART enough to realize that internet capacity will/could be overloaded and prepare for this.  Gouging vendors $80/day for wi-fi that doesn't work doesn't exactly endure yourself to the people buying booths.  Your vendors should be a priority.  For what you charge for a booth you might want to throw it in if needed at a reduced rate.   It also helps to make sure that it works.

Comic dealers should be setup in one area.  Throwing dealers all over the room basically causes some dealers to get lost in the shuffle.  It is not that hard to draw a box on a floor plan.  I basically had two artists on either side of me.  Not comic artists,  artists I would see at a arts and craft show.  

In addition it seems that the promotor/owner of Informa still can't let go of competing with other shows.  Booking the same weekend as C2E2 will just show that Megacon is not the show that I will be setting up at. 

Edited by blazingbob

I also attended Megacon this past Friday.  I had a great time.  I wasn't there Saturday to experience the internet problem Bob mentioned above.  I strongly agree about setting up all the comic book dealers in one area.  It was annoying having to try and find some of them.

Too bad next year's show will be the same weekend as another major show, I will see what dealers will be at Megacon and decide if I will return next year.  Normally, I would definitely be going.  

Overall though, I had a great time and picked up some very nice books.