• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's SNOW WHITE starring Rachel Zegler, Gal Gadot (2024)
3 3

155 posts in this topic

I wonder if they think people will forget or they want to reshoot some super :censored: scenes and pretend they never happened and can’t right now? hm

Edited by CAHokie
Censored the forbidden word.

On 10/27/2023 at 11:05 AM, Bosco685 said:

That doesn't surprise me.

But this does

Hollywood Reporter using an image depicting Zegler with seven (admittedly animated, but still) white dwarves.  Image supplied by...Disney.  What the what

image.thumb.png.0a1920089f5aef14c01c3670301c38bd.png

Edited by Dr. Love

I just read that the movie is undergoing a big rewrite, extensive reshoots, with the diverse  "dwarves" getting the boot. Replaced by CGI dwarves as pictured.

Well that explains the image. Disney using the press to advance test the waters.

Edited by Dr. Love

On 10/28/2023 at 7:44 AM, CAHokie said:

I hope not. I want to see what they filmed in It’s original glory. I want to see exactly what they thought would be a good idea to make money for a modern day Snow White. 

Wow that image looks bad.  Comes across as thrown together in an attempt to cover what had really been filmed.  Look potential audience see they really are still little people, and resemble the original characters. Also, why would you ever think doing CGI dwarves is needed or a good idea.  As we have seen their are a whole bunch of short stature people who would love to get these roles.  Despite what one angry one has said.

With the 1 year delay, it is clear most of this film is being reshot.  This again is really expensive and will absolutely balloon the production budget.  Who the heck is approving these budgets, and how do they ever expect to make money after they do?

On 10/28/2023 at 8:59 AM, drotto said:

With the 1 year delay, it is clear most of this film is being reshot.  This again is really expensive and will absolutely balloon the production budget.  Who the heck is approving these budgets, and how do they ever expect to make money after they do?

That is the crazy thing, it is like they are throwing good money after bad.  Say this year delay (which honestly I agree is for them to re-tool alot of the movie) doubles the cost of production and now you have a $450 million budget that needs to pull in $900 million just to break even.  I think Disney has lost their mind with the diminishing returns of these live action remakes, but balloning budgets.

On 10/28/2023 at 9:45 AM, media_junkie said:

That is the crazy thing, it is like they are throwing good money after bad.  Say this year delay (which honestly I agree is for them to re-tool alot of the movie) doubles the cost of production and now you have a $450 million budget that needs to pull in $900 million just to break even.  I think Disney has lost their mind with the diminishing returns of these live action remakes, but balloning budgets.

Add promotion budget on top of the production budget, which people often forget, and the numbers get even worse.

If they would just have a few people with real imagination ...I seem to remember the old "imagineers" they could make new movies, with new materials and instead of picking out one of every kind of person (they are always going to miss some)...just have good actors who are  just the best people for the part I don't care if they are purple as long as they can act. 
Instead they seem to be following the wrong path the same way the Super Hero films are. I feel sorry for the people of short stature who must feel robbed here...but honestly, Disney is getting lazier and lazier. I can't love it like I used to.

Stop the retreads...think new.

I don't know if she's still cooking and cleaning for a group of people in this new one, but it wouldn't have been my choice to take my daughter to, if it were...no matter who the 7 people were.