• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's SNOW WHITE starring Rachel Zegler, Gal Gadot (2024)
3 3

155 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2023 at 1:33 PM, Straw-Man said:

the story is over 2 centuries old, and beloved; why is it only now, in our time, that it's "backward" as described by dinklage?  i'm going on record as saying the story is fine, it's certain segments of our snowflake society that is the problem.

The answer to most of your questions these days, is just 1 word: Postmodernism. People get bored and try to 'fix' things that aren't broken, which simply causes conflict. We don't have much real conflict anymore so people create their own problems instead.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 7/17/2023 at 3:57 PM, drotto said:

I agree, but who was is made for?

Exactly. Maybe not made for them, but the Gen Xers might control the purse strings. White Males are not the only demographics cutting Disney movies out.

Good writing can include plenty of diversity, not offend the vast majority not looking to be offended, and still make money.

On 7/24/2023 at 9:24 AM, skypinkblu said:

This is such a shame. A few years ago, Disney put out a new set of movies called the Descendants, with new characters based on the children of the old villains, it was multi everything and charming.  The kids love it. But it was new material. This practice of taking older movies and retrofitting them is not only annoying, it's alienating the people who pay for the tickets.

So now, the "Imagineers" have completely lost their imagination and they are just taking old beautiful cartoons and cutting them up and reusing them. It's insulting to the people who grew up with the cartoons and to the racially diverse caste who doesn't get new material.

I absolutely loved going to Disney World for many years. So much so that when my husband decided he had enough, my daughter and I would go by ourselves.  I always felt safe in a clean environment.

The last trip we took, a year ago, will be my last. They are so interested in changing words, that they forgot basic things like transportation to the "worlds" ..line management, and CLEANING the bathrooms. It was a shell of what it used to be. Even the rides (if you could get on them) were filthy and old looking.

We also get Disney+ free with Verizon, so I'm keeping it. I'm also enjoying Secret Invaders...which is NEW material (for a tv series) not a retread.

I do not know if this will upset you more, but this is Rachel Zegler's recent interview about the movie. At the end she says Snow White is not going to be saved by the prince and is not thinking about true love. Instead it is about becoming the leader she knows she can be.

Edited by drotto

On 7/25/2023 at 11:32 AM, drotto said:

I do not know if this will upset you more, but this is Rachel Zegler's recent interview about the movie. At the end she says Snow White is not going to be saved by the prince and is not thinking about true love. Instead it is about becoming the leader she knows she can be.

I saw that yesterday, and my first thought was: If you're going to change the whole story, why use the story's title and character...? It's ultimately not Snow White or her story...