• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney's SNOW WHITE starring Rachel Zegler, Gal Gadot (2024)
3 3

155 posts in this topic

As more interviews come out did Disney look into Zegler at all? Now we have one describing her mental illness.  Ones saying she does not like the character of Snow White. Complaining she deserves money for every second she wore the dress, and every second that is streamed. Then my personal favorite,  calling the prince a stalker and weird (possible grain of truth), but you do not say these things about a property you are the star of.

She is a PR nightmare. They need to go through her posts, scrub them, and give her a handler. These are the characters that your corporate headquarters shows as symbolically holding up the company, and started the Disney empire. You can't have the start tearing that down.

Edited by drotto

Poor thing had to spend 18 hours a day in her Snow White dress for millions of dollars. I hope she recovers from that emotional turmoil.  I have spent 18 hours a day in far more unpleasant environments for a fraction of what she makes. 

I loved Disney and their creations so I take no pleasure if they fail. I don’t even mind if they come up with modern versions of things but there is no need to :censored: on the fans and creations of what made you. 

"There’s a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks her. Weird! Weird. So, we didn’t do that this time. [The new movie] is really not about the love story at all, which is really, really wonderful,” she added. “All of [the Prince’s] scenes could get cut, who knows? It’s Hollywood, baby."

-----Rachel Zegler

So either she is trolling us, or they have massively changed the story. If this is true, this is basically a new story that borrows the Snow White name. If this is the story you want to tell, fine tell it. It's not however Disney's Snow White.

On 8/18/2023 at 8:33 AM, drotto said:

"There’s a big focus on her love story with a guy who literally stalks her. Weird! Weird. So, we didn’t do that this time. [The new movie] is really not about the love story at all, which is really, really wonderful,” she added. “All of [the Prince’s] scenes could get cut, who knows? It’s Hollywood, baby."

-----Rachel Zegler

So either she is trolling us, or they have massively changed the story. If this is true, this is basically a new story that borrows the Snow White name. If this is the story you want to tell, fine tell it. It's not however Disney's Snow White.

Disney moviegoers that kept these animated-to-live films well fed with revenue deserve every minute of this film. They created this money-grabbing concept going for Disney to 'modernize' successful animated classics that should have been left alone, and celebrated for their cultural significance.

Eat up!

nomnomnom.gif.14c1d4d08a7e51e72182f28b24012142.gif

On 8/18/2023 at 7:48 AM, Bosco685 said:

Disney moviegoers that kept these animated-to-live films well fed with revenue deserve every minute of this film. They created this money-grabbing concept going for Disney to 'modernize' successful animated classics that should have been left alone, and celebrated for their cultural significance.

Eat up!

nomnomnom.gif.14c1d4d08a7e51e72182f28b24012142.gif

this is well-said.  agree 100%.

On 8/18/2023 at 9:41 AM, CAHokie said:

I think I will root for the Evil Queen to win in this version. 

Plus, Gadot does not come across as a narasistic, weirdo, and is subjectively fairer.

I can not recall and actress recently  that has had this level of foot in mouth disease. 

On 8/18/2023 at 12:44 PM, drotto said:

Plus, Gadot does not come across as a narasistic, weirdo, and is subjectively fairer.

I can not recall and actress recently  that has had this level of foot in mouth disease. 

Fairer is now about being just, not one’s skin tone! :makepoint:  

Great, now we are going to be labelled racist or scared of strong women if we don’t like this movie. 

On 8/18/2023 at 11:57 AM, CAHokie said:

Fairer is now about being just, not one’s skin tone! :makepoint:  

Great, now we are going to be labelled racist or scared of strong women if we don’t like this movie. 

or, we are "politically threatened" and positive box office will "really hurt" sensibilities such as ours.

On 8/18/2023 at 2:44 PM, Straw-Man said:

or, we are "politically threatened" and positive box office will "really hurt" sensibilities such as ours.

TBH, it might make good money after all of this free exposure. I want to see it just to watch the train wreck it has become. Future cult classic? Record number of Razzie Awards?

Disney may go back and make some major adjustments, shelve it, or take it straight to Dis+ at this point. 

my perspective on Rachel Zegler:

you would think Disney would actively work on shutting this stuff down yet since it seems to be allowed to continue I assume she is only saying what she has been authorized to say?

The wisest move Disney can make is to raise the prices on everything across the board, from streaming to the parks.

Then move into online sports betting. It should also attempt to sell-off assets & court Apple for its new ownership.  

After that, it should hold a Burn Walt in Effigy Festival. Disney's 2023 Summer Fest of Self-Hate.