• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Clear! Really?
5 5

210 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2021 at 6:47 PM, Math Teacher said:

When I first started subbing, back in the fall of 2018, I took just about any job that came up. I subbed at the Middle School and I subbed in freshmen classes at the High School. As hard it is to believe, I did a half-day of 2nd grade and half-day of kindergarten as favors for two of my friends.

Today, I am FAR more discriminating. I will never sub at our Primary School, our intermediate School, and our Middle School, even if they paid me $500/day. This is more than three times my current sub salary. I also avoid subbing in freshman classes, unless it can't be avoided. For example, I just finished a long-term sub job for a teacher that had three Human Anatomy (mostly juniors who actually care about their grade), one AP Biology class (filled with twelve students who are all Type-A personalities, and one Biology A class (mostly freshmen). I can put up with that. I will no longer sub for any teacher that teaches all freshmen classes.

Look, I wouldn't be honest if I were to say that I don't like the extra money, but I've decided that my sanity has to be worth something. And beginning last January, I made myself sub more than four days a week. What's the point of being retired when you're working five days a week?

Yeah, I remember you told me you are retired. Maybe there is really no such thing anymore.

My deep respect goes to teachers and retail workers. Those that take their job seriously. Retail is a hard, thankless job. Has to be. I buy Hershey bars for the people who wait on me when I get coffee. Or a pastry for the girl who had to cover another 8 hour shift on top of her own because someone didn't come in. Gotta be hungry by then. Let's get that blood sugar up a little.

I imagine there are a lot of kids who want to learn things. I wish I had when I was a kid. Did all my learning after. Got a Masters in Hard Knocks. The teachers I have as clients tell me how the hardest part is dealing with the parents of a bright kid. Whose parents aren't decent human beings. And realizing this kid has a very small chance of success. I look around and see that PTA meetings are virtual cage matches now as every uneducated, misinformed misanthrope goes in there and makes it about politics. Or sexuality. I really do despair sometimes.

On 11/19/2021 at 6:42 PM, MAR1979 said:

One you know how the sausage is made you can't un-know

When I was younger, I worked at a place that made hotdogs. Working there always reminded of something. You remember in grade school when you threw wet toilet paper against the walls? Well...

On 11/19/2021 at 5:37 PM, Gaard said:

When I was younger, I worked at a place that made hotdogs. Working there always reminded of something. You remember in grade school when you threw wet toilet paper against the walls? Well...

😬

On 11/19/2021 at 6:37 PM, Gaard said:

No idea what you’re talking about. :shy:

On 11/19/2021 at 7:37 PM, Gaard said:

I'm not sure if I will ever be able to eat another hotdog. But we only buy Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs; I feel a little more confident in those ingredients.

This reminds me of a Simpsons bit:

Homer:	Yo, Apu!  Give me the usual.
Apu:	Yes, sir!  One Kwik-E-Dog, one bubblegum cigar, and the 
	latest issue of "Success" magazine.
Homer:	Mmm ... Hey, this hot dog tastes different.
Apu:	Yes, I just cleaned off the machine, sir.  So the snack you are enjoying has not been soaking in putrid grease.
Homer:	Yeah, but without the grease all you can taste is the hog anus!
Apu:	I'm so sorry, but I sold it all to the rendering plant.
Homer:	People buy grease?
Apu:	Oh, yes, they use it to make products such as soap, 
	cosmetics, baby food ...
Homer:	Used grease is worth money? [gasps] Then my arteries are 
	clogged with yellow gold!  I'm rich Apu!  Rich, I ... 
	aaggh! [clenches heart, then sighs] Money in the bank.

On 11/19/2021 at 8:03 PM, Math Teacher said:

The sad thing is this: If a student came up to me and said s/he wanted to become a teacher, I would have to say, "I wouldn't recommend it."

My dad was a teacher. It takes a special breed. Thank You!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

It's amazing and delicious, prove me wrong.

"Armour Star Potted Meat offers an easy food that's big on flavor. The gluten free meat is made with chicken and pork. Spread this canned chicken and pork on crackers, add the meat in a can to sandwiches for a delicious lunch, or incorporate the canned meat into your recipes for an easy meal the whole family will love. Enjoy pork and chicken potted meat on the go, make it a staple in your emergency kit, or keep the canned food in your pantry for a convenient meal or snack anytime."

000032862.thumb.webp.d5677acb76db96f0057b83e306938f97.webp

"Ingredients. Armour Star: Mechanically separated chicken, beef tripe, water, salt, and less than 2%: mustard, natural flavor, garlic powder, vinegar, dextrose, sodium erythorbate, and sodium nitrite"

On 11/19/2021 at 8:37 PM, Gaard said:

As for me; When I was younger, so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's Help in anyway...

Edited by MAR1979