• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

All Clear! Really?
5 5

210 posts in this topic

CGC remains fully focused on maintaining the quality and integrity of our services

I'm thinking people were hoping for an improvement in quality, not to maintain the garbage we are seeing on a daily basis. I need to stop reading that announcement. 

Edited by wombat

That's also what I meant by the gift that keeps on giving 

:wavingwhiteflag:

On 11/18/2021 at 9:05 PM, wombat said:

CGC remains fully focused on maintaining the quality and integrity of our services

I'm thinking people were hoping for an improvement in quality, not to maintain the garbage we are seeing on a daily basis. I need to stop reading that announcement. 

On 11/18/2021 at 8:46 PM, Randall Ries said:

Right side of the mouth giveth, the left side taketh away. Know who also isn't "the cream of the crop"? The customers in any retail setting. :(

I couldn't agree more. I could never work in a retail setting; a very large percentage of customers are just too rude and disrespectful. But then, I work in a high school, where the clientele are pretty much the same.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:18 PM, Math Teacher said:

Just out of curiosity, how does CGC store books once they have opened the box? We keep talking about quality control and books being damaged. Is it possible they have become damaged when opened or in storage, rather than during encapsulation?

I believe it is a vault or safe type thing. I assume once they get to the graders, they're raw so the grader can grade lol

I would wonder if a stack feel off there or etc.

Just because they cant stay in a bag and board the whole time. I'm sure while they're in the vault there are some precautions though. It only needs to be tangible with the grader. Then you have different sizes if they use the same materials before slabbing etc

I'm not up to date on all of it, but the vault or safe is where they're kept before grading. (thumbsu

On 11/19/2021 at 4:08 PM, Math Teacher said:

I couldn't agree more. I could never work in a retail setting; a very large percentage of customers are just too rude and disrespectful. But then, I work in a high school, where the clientele are pretty much the same.

I couldn't work in a high school. I'd be slapping them around too much. Cop an attitude? OK! THIS is the difference between Facebook and real life! <WHACK!!!>

On 11/19/2021 at 4:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe it is a vault or safe type thing. I assume once they get to the graders, they're raw so the grader can grade lol

I would wonder if a stack feel off there or etc.

Just because they cant stay in a bag and board the whole time. I'm sure while they're in the vault there are some precautions though. It only needs to be tangible with the grader. Then you have different sizes if they use the same materials before slabbing etc

I'm not up to date on all of it, but the vault or safe is where they're kept before grading. (thumbsu

Here's what I think. I think all that stuff (mail) is piled on pallets. When A group of books needs to be dealt with, they stack a bunch of unopened boxes on a handcart. Or have a stack of unopened boxes on a concrete floor and someone tries to skid a handcart under them, causing those dents and damages we see. My best guess. They aren't being treated like eggs. Not a chance I would get any books graded unless I was right there. I'm a big boy. I can figure out a fair grade and if it becomes sell time, I can give and take with a potential buyer. All I really need to know is the book is complete and how to spot resto. Black lights are cheap.

On 11/19/2021 at 4:23 PM, Randall Ries said:

Here's what I think. I think all that stuff (mail) is piled on pallets. When A group of books needs to be dealt with, they stack a bunch of unopened boxes on a handcart. Or have a stack of unopened boxes on a concrete floor and someone tries to skid a handcart under them, causing those dents and damages we see. My best guess. They aren't being treated like eggs. Not a chance I would get any books graded unless I was right there. I'm a big boy. I can figure out a fair grade and if it becomes sell time, I can give and take with a potential buyer. All I really need to know is the book is complete and how to spot resto. Black lights are cheap.

You paint a clearer picture, each sub IS probably in a box. I disagree that its unopened because they open submission all the time and then they just sit.

They probably open what we send them,  then place those in there own sensible box to be orderly and neat or whatever. 

Those are probably labeled and put in fifo according to tier and etc. You still could be right about pallets and the other ...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/19/2021 at 5:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

You paint a clearer picture, each sub IS probably in a box. I disagree that its unopened because they open submission all the time and then they just sit.

They probably open what we send them,  then place those in there own sensible box to be orderly and neat or whatever. 

Those are probably labeled and put in fifo according to tier and etc. You still could be right about pallets and the other ...

I was merely thinking they must get a ton of mail all at once. It has to be transported from Point A to B somehow. The handcart on a loading dock is my best guess. Perhaps the lion's share of damage is happening before it even gets in the building. USPS shows up, unloads their truck, it gets stacked. Brain Dead shows up with a hand cart and starts scooping. I'd love to be hired as a customer advocate and shadow the process for a month. Then, do an expose.