• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage says “Hold My Beer”
2 2

75 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2021 at 12:59 PM, szav said:

Deal… lucky for you I’ve not done well on my last few million dollar plus book wild guesses.  Think I called for 5 mil on the AF15 9.6.

I just hope you’re not the type to bid 1.8 mil on this just to win your dollar.,,

oh, I had already planned to bid more :baiting:

On 11/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, szav said:

Kinda cool that they have pictures of the interior.  And with a white page copy why wouldn’t you?  It’s a strong selling point… good job I assume by the consignor to get them to put those in.

Yes, it's nice to see what "white pages" actually look like. Less white than I imagined. 

On 11/23/2021 at 10:18 PM, szav said:

With their new fee structure it’d cost him like 50-60k to reslab it.  I know he’s tall and all but I’m not sure he’d wanna do that on this one.

Holy mackerel! I thought slabbing fees maxed out at $3K. I'm glad I don't swim in that end of the pool.

On 11/24/2021 at 10:33 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Cool! Anyone know the story behind Rocket Copies? 

It's aptly named "The Rocket Copy" because the front cover bears the stamped imprint of a rocket ship that was applied by the 13-year old who bought this copy of Action Comics #1 off the stands in 1938.

It's the first original-owner copy of the issue Heritage offered since the Billy Wright copy in 2012, and it's the highest-graded copy they’ve ever presented.

Edited by Terry JSA