• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I miss covers with substance
3 3

273 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2021 at 4:28 PM, Ryan. said:

One of the greatest comic epics ever written. 

Absolutely right. "Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck" was originally serialized  in 12 chapters between August 10th 1992 and June 2nd 1994 (well within the OP's 30 year timeline). Most moderns comics that I read (and I read a few...!) I might read once, but "Life and Times..." I have read several times. It always engages me, the story is epic (as you state) and I seem to find something that I missed from the last time. If I were to recommend a story to anyone who loves comics for the story and the art...this is the one. 

On 11/26/2021 at 4:19 PM, Randall Ries said:

Jesus, yes. I don't need my refrigerator to suddenly become self aware. Wasn't a T-1000 that did me in. It was a Frigidaire-2000. Smothered me with my own potato salad.

Luckily the advanced model only lasts 3 days so if you can stay out of its way till then you're good.

On 11/26/2021 at 10:12 PM, Mercury Man said:

I'm not a huge modern kind of guy, but this cover was real cool imho.  Even though we have no word bubbles, you got the back ground from the Golden Age, and the current situation with Cap facing off against The Winter Soldier, his former friend and ally from years past.  Tension kind of speaks to the situation. 

cap 14.jpg

Ha!  Posted the same story at the same time!  (thumbsu

On 11/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Wow. A Tide Pods reference. Nothing more boomer than that. You’re just embarrassing yourself at this point.

Ok Milly lol 

On 11/26/2021 at 8:34 PM, jcjames said:

Pssst... I'm a boomer too, :gossip: just funnin' around. :baiting: Friday and all... :D

thats it-youre outta the boomer club :sumo:

On 11/26/2021 at 7:27 PM, Shawn Everidge said:

Spare me your jaded whining. I have plenty of years under my belt, and my statements stand.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Not all modern comics are rubbish.

As I stated in a thread elsewhere, for example, Simon Spurrier’s recent Hellblazer series is quite brilliant.

I’m a grey-haired boomer.

On 11/27/2021 at 4:26 AM, Randall Dowling said:

tumblr_n8zjnc8TCz1qbgo38o1_1280.thumb.jpg.b68e7110a0d5cb5a62e75aeec75a8ea5.jpg

I thought you might post something from Planetary.