• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's 7th Annual Black Friday sales thread---silver, bronze, copper, modern age universal & signature series (better late than never!)
14 14

440 posts in this topic

Sweeny Todd "Penny Dreadful' CGC 9.9 s/s Steve Bissette - $375

This was a very small print run, a prelude to a larger story that was going to be done by Neil Gaiman.  At the time this came out, it was inserted in TABOO from Spider Baby Grafix.  Bissette was the editor of the book at the time.  These were from a batch of uncirculated copies that Steve passed to me.

Two (2) cps available.

2021-12-15-19-08-31-01.jpg

Stardust Kid #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Mike Ploog - $275

Sure, I know---it's not a big deal book, it's not even a classic.  But it's a Ploog, and there's not a whole lot out there. This may have been the only 9.8 s/s Ploog that I've owned, shy of the sketch cover (long, long gone so don't ask).

2021-12-15-19-42-00-01.jpg

Tales from the Crypt #19 CGC 9.4 s/s Jack Davis - $295

reprint

Again, this is more about the signature.  I'm not aware of very many Jack Davis s/s books out there, or how many he signed before he passed away. I just know they are far and few between.

2021-12-15-19-56-07-01.jpg

On 12/15/2021 at 8:05 PM, Rich_Henn said:

Captain America #44 CG 9.6 s/s Sal Buscema - $175

Buscema variant 

cap44.jpg

take

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16 CGC 9.6 s/s John Romita and John Romita Jr. - $1150

1st appearance of the new Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau)

A 9.6 with Romita senior only went for $500 earlier this year, and a copy with JR JR in 2019 (the only one I saw) for $250.  I can't see one with both Romita's (aside from the 9.8).  Blue universal in 9.8 just surpassed $900.  It will only continue to go up.

asmannual16.jpg

Posting later tonight, HULK s/s books 

Posting tomorrow, for the new Spider-Man No Way Home----more ASM books!

Saturday no postings, I'm signing with Doug Moench.

Sunday X-Men books

Posting next week, Daredevil (vol. 2) #9, 10, 11, 51, 52, 53 CGC 9.8 s/s Mack (all Echo books) and Darkhawk #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Fingeroth & Manley