• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rich's 7th Annual Black Friday sales thread---silver, bronze, copper, modern age universal & signature series (better late than never!)
14 14

440 posts in this topic

A few of my last Dave Stevens covers, signed by the late artists actress/model wife, Brinke Stevens.  She posed as the model for several of Dave's covers.  To the best of my knowledge, there are limited number of s/s with her out there.

AIRBOY #5 CGC 9.6 s/s Brinke Stevens - $195

airboy5brinkeA.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

On 12/14/2021 at 8:57 AM, Muno42 said:

Take per PM

Nice grab.  That was on my 'like' list, but I've gotta secure more funds!!!  It wasn't in the cards, I guess :sorry:

I Didn't See It Coming.gif

Edited by Galen130

Good evening!  It's about 6:45 PM EST on Wed, and in a few moments I'll be posting some more books.  I won't be at it too long due to other obligations, but will continue later in the evening and again tomorrow.

There are some books in the thread that have been here with no interest for over a week, so in the interest of full disclosure, I will be pulling some of these books and moving them to other venues tonight.  Some of these include Junge Action, Batman 423, Stray Dogs, some X-Men books.  Not sure which, but I wanted to bring this up only to be completely transparent, if there are some who were on the fence, I'll be pulling these books around 9:15 PM ish EST tonight.

But there's some fresh stuff on the way, so let's get started.

Love and Rockets #1 CGC 8.5 s/s Gilbert & Jamie Hernandez - $575

1st print, super rare low print run.

Explanation about the green label----albeit this IS a CGC Signature Series, straight up.  But back then, and especially for magazines, there were no yellow label with a green stripe.  And even though the reason given (I think is a bit lame), it's because it does not have the staples. I asked the Hernandez Bros. in person about this.  These were stitched together by hand in their garage.  There are a few out there that they neglected to staple and this one. This is production related.  All that being said, over the years I just never got around to sending this back in for the yellow label---and quite frankly, I don't even think it would get the green stripe.  But I wanted to put all the information out there.  These days, if I sent it in to be fixed, there's no telling how long it would be before it comes back.

2021-12-15-19-03-57-01.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn