• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bedrock City Comics theft!!!
5 5

118 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2021 at 7:46 AM, Robot Man said:

On the bright side (if there could be anything bright about this), smart business owners have insurance for this. But what a hassle to deal with. 

This in no way mitigates lying, cheating and stealing which has sadly become common place these days. My parents raised me better. There are folks who wern’t as lucky.

I really feel for law enforcement. I’m many cases, the cop on the beat has their hands tied. No matter where you are, we are kind of on our own and that is a scary thought.

Any business owners chime in, but I heard that if a claim is put it, some policies will be cancelled after or rates significantly raised :(

On 12/12/2021 at 8:03 PM, JollyComics said:

This is sickening.

If it goes on all over places in USA, more businesses will not come back at all. 

Walgreens closed all 5 stores in SF.  Those residents are depending on them.  It can ruin the communities as well. 

Again, this is sickening and sadistic.

It won’t. And it hasn’t. It’s very specific cities/states that have enabled this criminal-first behavior.

On 12/13/2021 at 2:29 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:
On 12/12/2021 at 10:47 PM, CAHokie said:

Anytime bad behavior has a lack of consequences, it becomes the norm. 

See: Me in middle school.

Ah, that explains it, I thought you were an adult. :baiting:

On 12/13/2021 at 1:24 PM, snitzer said:

It won’t. And it hasn’t. It’s very specific cities/states that have enabled this criminal-first behavior.

Oh?  Do tell.  Which cities and states enabled this behavior?  

On 12/12/2021 at 8:10 PM, kazoo said:

Respectfully, @kazoo it wasn't bc of shoplifting.  It would take 5 minutes of Google to see this is a BS line spouted not just by Walgreens, but by the Chamber of Commerce in multiple places.  As I said, Walgreens was oversaturated in the SF market.  If crime was/is so bad, why didn't CVS close any?  (Before their announced reformatting of stores and nationwide closure of 900!! stores).  One figure I saw said that the five stores had an average of 2 reported shoplifting events since 2018.  Must have been some very slim profit margins or some VERY expensive items that were shoplifted.  

On 12/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, Transplant said:

I'm not singling you out, John.  But this thread is rife with the usual suspects pushing particular politics.  Can we just knock it off? Or maybe the mods should allow politics to enable some people to refute the idiotic posts being made in here?

Oh I would love to rebuttal some people so we agree on that, however when I say CA is a mess right now I was referring to the comic book stores getting broken into and its the worse I have ever seen.    

Just in SD alone there was 8 in 2021.  Two stores hit twice.  I feel bad for them trying to make a living. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

• Administrator

This thread was started to alert the community about stolen books.  Lets not turn this into a political discussion, or I will have to shut this thread down and issue warnings.  

As someone living in Houston, I'm surprised it didn't make the news given everyday they report on gun shootings.  And it is Houston's long tenure business.  I'm quite sure the burglar has been there before because he knew where to take the items.  In sports cards, it is happening at stores with burglars taking wax boxes.  Recently, I know a card business that listed a $25,000 (BGS Lebron RC- serial numbered) that was found by the original owner, who lost the card in the mail (theft)  He posted on a board on his finding his card, the card shop in days withdrew the auction and by weeks they gave the card back to the original owner.  Maybe insurance covered for the store, but be careful buying collections.  Hopefully the burglar do the right thing and somehow gets caught. 

On 12/14/2021 at 10:16 AM, bloodwings19 said:

As someone living in Houston, I'm surprised it didn't make the news given everyday they report on gun shootings.  And it is Houston's long tenure business.  I'm quite sure the burglar has been there before because he knew where to take the items.  In sports cards, it is happening at stores with burglars taking wax boxes.  Recently, I know a card business that listed a $25,000 (BGS Lebron RC- serial numbered) that was found by the original owner, who lost the card in the mail (theft)  He posted on a board on his finding his card, the card shop in days withdrew the auction and by weeks they gave the card back to the original owner.  Maybe insurance covered for the store, but be careful buying collections.  Hopefully the burglar do the right thing and somehow gets caught. 

That's partly why I started this thread.  I don't use any other social media platforms, but if anyone saw one or more of these items pop up somewhere other than here (I doubt they'd be on these boards, but who knows) that I don't have access to, than I'm doing my part...limited though it is.  It may be getting too late for much to happen now in catching these fools or recovering the items, but you never know.  I may be a cynic, but deep down inside I still believe that people in general have great capacity to do good.

Shhh!!!  Don't tell anyone I said that!!!  I have a reputation to destroy maintain.  

Beavis & Butt-head.gif

On 12/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, TupennyConan said:

Which Bedrock location was this? They've saturated the Houston market; which probably explains this whole sad affair.  

It was the Palisades location, from what I saw in the article.  I believe it says that in my initial post...I could be wrong. (shrug)

On 12/14/2021 at 10:40 AM, TupennyConan said:

Which Bedrock location was this? They've saturated the Houston market; which probably explains this whole sad affair.  

On 12/14/2021 at 10:42 AM, Galen130 said:

It was the Palisades location, from what I saw in the article.  I believe it says that in my initial post...I could be wrong. (shrug)

Sorry, not Palisades, but the Galleria location. doh!