• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

George Perez appreciation thread
3 3

74 posts in this topic

First video footage I had ever seen of him was on comic book men the TV show. Circumstances staged or not, George was genuine.

The show takes place after hurricane Sandy, and George did a original art drawing of Wonder Man for one of the Clerks

A very positive and refreshing attitude and I enjoyed it a lot. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

753465.jpg

Nice, centralised figure surrounded by the Justice League

884319.jpg

A very powerful and dark story, and one of the best in Perez’s run on the title.

730863.jpg

My favourite Perez Batman cover.

Edited by Ken Aldred

No one else could ever do Crisis. It was his or no one else's. 

Other times booked NEEDED him. Be it The NTT, The Avengers, whatever, Groege truly is a 'Crisis Operator'. 

On 12/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

No one else could ever do Crisis. It was his or no one else's. 

Other times booked NEEDED him. Be it The NTT, The Avengers, whatever, Groege truly is a 'Crisis Operator'. 

That's his ability to make every character look distinct in terms of facial appearance and expression, whereas many comic artists have a far more limited range with very similar looking faces and repetitive expressions.

Couple that with a mastery of body language and fluid figurework and you have a virtuoso capable of handling, with comparative ease, projects with huge casts of characters in a way that would have defeated many of his contemporaries.

Edited by Ken Aldred