• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer wants me to ship to a different address
1 1

89 posts in this topic

eBayer with 3 feedback all over a year old buys a $150 magazine and says “whoops just realized that’s my old address, can you please send it to this other address?” And I am getting bad vibes. What would you do? Both addresses are in the same state 

Edited by dupont2005

On 12/12/2021 at 4:21 PM, FrontStands said:

Maybe cancel the order and ask them to buy it again with the other address. (shrug)

Thats What I would do!

And Keep Copies of all messages

On 12/12/2021 at 4:00 PM, dupont2005 said:

eBayer with 3 feedback all over a year old buys a $150 magazine and says “whoops just realized that’s my old address, can you please send it to this other address?” And I am getting bad vibes. What would you do? Both addresses are in the same state 

Last couple of times this has happened to me I have contacted ebay and they told me that if I have the address change request via ebay Message and I generate the label through ebay shipping then I am covered.  On a $150 sale I would do it, I might reconsider with higher priced item.

I also suggest you contact ebay to confirm in case that policy has changed, if it has then cancelling and having them repurchase may be best option.

I wanted to be the first to respond to this, but everyone else already gave you the right answer: cancel and do it again with the correct address.  There is no option B.

I will add that although it is often a legitimate mistake, a very common eBay scam, which I get all the time, is for someone who isn't even the buyer (but may or may not have a very similar eBay id) to contact you immediately through the sold item listing, claim to be the buyer, and ask you to ship it to a different address.

On 12/12/2021 at 7:27 PM, GACollectibles said:

Wrong.

Somehow, you're right.  This happened to me when I moved and didn't change my address in Ebay/paypal before making a purchase.  

On 12/12/2021 at 8:27 PM, GACollectibles said:

Wrong.

Oh wait, are we doing the ol' take-things-hyper-literally-on-a-message-board game?  Of course, there are lots of other options--don't do anything, cancel your eBay account, burn the item and give a refund, just send it and hope for the best, take the red pill, the options are nearly endless.  You got me--I was using some hyperbole.   

On 12/12/2021 at 8:35 PM, Poekaymon said:

Oh wait, are we doing the ol' take-things-hyper-literally-on-a-message-board game?  Of course, there are lots of other options--don't do anything, cancel your eBay account, burn the item and give a refund, just send it and hope for the best, take the red pill, the options are nearly endless.  You got me--I was using some hyperbole.   

Then that's some sh*tty advice.  There are solutions other than carpet bombing a potential valid sale.