• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man: No Way Home SPOILERS WELCOMED thread
2 2

168 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2021 at 6:55 PM, chrisco37 said:

The Murdock cameo was pretty cool.  Aunt May was a surprise.  I liked the Goblin in this one much better than in the Tobey movie.  so glad they ditched that stupid costume.  Dafoe looks like the goblin enough normally and he did steal every scene he was in.  
The first end credit made me glad I never wasted my time with the Venom movie.  Is that really the Venom voice?  Awful. 
Really enjoyed the movie though.  Lots of fun. 

Maybe the MCU can get Venom right. Not a maybe. They will.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:00 PM, Wolverinex said:

Also why was Eddie/Venom brought to the MCU, he didn't know who Peter Parker was...

There's a post-credits scene in Venom 2 where he sees Spider-Man on television, and Spidey's vigilantism appeals to Brock.  This one was supposed to be referencing that one, I think, although I don't remember the details of that one well enough to fully see his interest in Spider-Man.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 12/17/2021 at 8:02 PM, fantastic_four said:

There's a post-credits scene in Venom 2 where he sees Spider-Man on television, and Spidey's vigilantism appeals to Brock.  This one was supposed to be referencing that one, I think, although I don't remember the details of that one well enough to fully see his interest in Spider-Man.

Interesting. yeah I thought Strange only sucked in people who knew that Peter was Spiderman... but this Venom has no idea who he is. 

Did anyone recognize any iconic Spidey villains in those tears in our universe that Strange kept sealing up in the last sequence right before he cast the spell to wipe Peter out of everyone's memory?  I didn't, but I bet if you look at a freeze frame there are a LOT of deep cuts there to see.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:16 PM, fantastic_four said:

Did anyone recognize any iconic Spidey villains in those tears in our universe that Strange kept sealing up in the last sequence right before he cast the spell to wipe Peter out of everyone's memory?  I didn't, but I bet if you look at a freeze frame there are a LOT of deep cuts there to see.

There's a video reviewer that took detailed snapshots and called out some of the characters. Once he said a few of the names, the images linked to their traditional looks.

I did not realize the credit scene bartender is Dani Rojas from Ted Lasso. 

SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME CAMEO SPOILERS: EVERY SINGLE SURPRISE CHARACTER, EXPLAINED

BARTENDER (CRISTO FERNÁNDEZ)
Without a Richmond jersey on and his luscious hair held back in a pony tail, you’d probably have a hard time recognizing the bartender who’s subjected to Eddie Brock in the credits scene. But if you’ve got an Apple TV+ subscription, you might know him as Cristo Fernández, best known as human golden retriever Dani Rojas in Ted Lasso. To borrow Dani’s words, “Marvel is life!”

On 12/17/2021 at 4:34 PM, Bosco685 said:

I was thinking how the spell works is not only do they forget who he is but also any reference that would allow them to know who he is. Including pictures and voicemail.

Even poor Happy didn't know he was Aunt May's relative after all they had been through.

Wouldn't it have been easier to make everyone forget Mysterio told them he was Spidey?

Wait...it's like Brock is just now learning that there are superheroes.  In the Venom 2 post-credits scene he appears to see Spidey for the first time, and then in this new one the bartender is telling him about the Avengers.  Why would Brock not know about any of them until now?

Oh, wait...nevermind, I get it.  It just came to me--he's from an alternate universe and just got sucked into the MCU-616-or-whatever-verse just like the other guys in the film were, and then when he disappears it's because that's when Strange cast his spell to cause everyone to get sent back to their own universe.  So the Sony-verse is officially separate, then.  And a drop of Venom is left behind in the MCU.

I am not a fan of multiverse stories, but who knows, I may eventually become one since it appears we'll be getting quite a bit of it from here on out.  Or maybe not, and it's because the number of story holes they tend to leave are infinite.

So here's my first multiverse question.  In Spider-Verse I get it--Peter Parker got bit by the spider in his universe, Miles did in another, and Gwen did in another.  But why would there be three completely different guys named Peter Parker, all with spider-powers, and all with an Aunt May?  How can all of that be so similar yet they're all different guys with different DNA?  Extreme coincidence?

Just saw it and loved it!  Watching Tobey back in the suit was so cool, as I never thought I'd see that again.  I thought Andrew nailed the emotional scenes he was given.  I would watch a movie of the three Peters just talking and joking.  All the villains were amazing to see too.  I'll watch it three times, one for each Parker. 

I am not a fan of multiverse stories, but who knows, I may eventually become one since it appears we'll be getting quite a bit of it from here on out.  Or maybe not, and it's because the number of story holes they tend to leave are infinite.

So here's my first multiverse question.  In Spider-Verse I get it--Peter Parker got bit by the spider in his universe, Miles did in another, and Gwen did in another.  But why would there be three completely different guys named Peter Parker, all with spider-powers, and all with an Aunt May?  How can all of that be so similar yet they're all different guys with different DNA?  Extreme coincidence?

I think as the multiverse stories unfold, we're going to have to expand our suspension of disbelief. There are just so many possibilities.

With your question, I don't think it would be so much of a coincidence if you consider there are an infinite amount of universes.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:53 PM, I like pie said:

Wouldn't it have been easier to make everyone forget Mysterio told them he was Spidey?

No, because then Strange would then have to make everyone forget that Jameson also told everyone that Parker was Spider-Man Mysterio said it and then also make people forget every other instance, maybe millions of instances, in which Peter's identity was passed from one person to another.

That's why it's much easier to have everyone just forget en masse (although I'm not sure what would have been done about all the video recordings and printings of Peter Parker being Spider-Man or if that's explained), until Peter's constant requests during the spell casting screws it all up.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:34 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

No, because then Strange would then have to make everyone forget that Jameson also told everyone that Parker was Spider-Man Mysterio said it and then also make people forget every other instance, maybe millions of instances, in which Peter's identity was passed from one person to another.

That's why it's much easier to have everyone just forget en masse (although I'm not sure what would have been done about all the video recordings and printings of Peter Parker being Spider-Man or if that's explained), until Peter's constant requests during the spell casting screws it all up.

I don't follow. If they could make everyone forget Peter was Spider-Man, it would be the same as making everyone forget Mysterio said it, including JJ.