• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Man: No Way Home SPOILERS WELCOMED thread
2 2

168 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2021 at 5:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

My question was how he exists in the world or obtained an identity for Peter Parker without a line of credit, birth certificate, license, or anything else. 

I was wondering how they'll deal with that too.  Easiest way to fix it is reveal himself to Maria Hill and have SHIELD create an identity for him.  But I suspect they're just going to have him deal in cash for the next film.

If I were him I'd reveal myself to Happy, SHIELD, and Strange, but I suspect they won't do that for at least a film or two so we get to experience old school Spidey again for a while.  Maybe they'll even have him get a freelance paid-in-cash job with JJJ for the Daily Bugle.

So here's a question someone may have an opinion about:  In "Captain America: Civil War," Peter's bedroom features a single bed (which he and Tony sit on when he "invites" him to Germany).  In "Spider-Man: Homecoming," which takes place about 2 months later, Peter has a bunk bed.  Then, in "Spider-Man: Far from Home," Peter goes back to the single bed.  Of course, anyone can change their bedroom around, but it's never explained (not that it really has to be) and is just left hanging there.  I'm sure this has been discussed/explained somewhere.

Edited by MattTheDuck
To fix my own timeline

On 12/20/2021 at 2:31 AM, Larryw7 said:

I wonder if Ned becomes a villain at some point? There was some foreshadowing in some of what he said.

On 12/20/2021 at 4:45 AM, Bosco685 said:

Oh yeah. They have made that clear. And now that he doesn't know Peter, there will be no restraints to worry about. My feeling is WHEN it will happen.

I hope not.  But who? Hobgoblin? 

On 12/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

I guess most people don't realize that Ned Leeds was never really the Hobgoblin except for one issue in which he was framed.  (ASM 289)

Wasn't that a later retcon? He was intended to be Ned when the issue came out.

On 12/17/2021 at 5:13 PM, MV said:

How does the spell at the end work? Does MJ wonder who this random guy is that she has 100 photos of on her mobile phone? 

The world forgets Peter Parker is Spider-man  not that Peter parker exists. 

Similar to the comics Spell

On 12/22/2021 at 11:58 AM, Straw-Man said:

if true, why didn't mj and ned know him as pre-reveal peter when he walks into the diner?

That did have me a bit confused at the end.  I thought just his Spidey identity would be forgotten but everyone would still remember Peter as before (shrug)  

Edited by mosconi

On 12/22/2021 at 2:58 PM, Straw-Man said:

if true, why didn't mj and ned know him as pre-reveal peter when he walks into the diner?

Well you see there is this issue with  strange and bananas and motor oil and fdysfods8ufdslfnasdfyasfv,,,, 

Goold darn it poke holes in my logic and oversite

It's now clear to Marvel fans that the actors involved with No Way Home did quite a bit of lying about who or what was involved with the film – and to be fair, they kind of had to. Fans and press hounded every actor or crew member ever involved with a Spider-Man movie for answers about No Way Home. Well, now star Tom Holland can finally speak up about what it was like getting to work with Garfield. 

"Andrew Garfield, the legend himself," Holland said to Marvel.com. "He's such a lovely guy. I think this film was his way of making peace with Spider-Man It was such a privilege to work with him. I know that it meant a lot to him."

Andrew Garfield got what is arguably the rawest end of the deal in terms of the three actors that have played Spider-Man in live-action movies. Garfield was brought in during the early 2010s to replace Tobey Maguire in a reboot Spider-Man film franchise (The Amazing Spider-Man) – a franchise that Sony planned to extend into an entire Spider-Man movie universe. However, after two Amazing Spider-Man films failed to win widespread fan acclaim (even though they both made over half a billion dollars worldwide) Sony pulled the rug from under Garfield's webbed feet, by relaunching Tom Holland as the new Spider-Man the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

I did watch the movie today.

It was nice to see the old Spider-Mans and villains again, but they all proved what a charisma vacuum Tom Holland has become. Not sure what happened to him since Civil War, but he's really boring.

On 12/22/2021 at 2:58 PM, Straw-Man said:

I’ve only seen the movie once so far, but as I remember the last spell makes everyone completely forget who Peter Parker is, so MJ and Ned forgot that they ever knew him. And I suppose we have to just accept that this also must mean all written and video remembrance of Peter is also gone. Kinda like George Bailey except he did exist and did make a difference it’s just nobody remembers.