• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Cornfield Library lounge area thread. Off topic posts are allowed!
15 15

40,286 posts in this topic

This was a restaurant I used to take my daughter to a lot when she was younger (we never had a problem) However now it is in the local news. Will probably end up another Florida man story.

Really hope no one was seriously injured. 

20230610_230541.jpg.163589a5dcb9fd03584605340c62849e.jpg

On 6/11/2023 at 2:09 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This was a restaurant I used to take my daughter to a lot when she was younger (we never had a problem) However now it is in the local news. Will probably end up another Florida man story.

Really hope no one was seriously injured. 

20230610_230541.jpg.163589a5dcb9fd03584605340c62849e.jpg

You'd need to use quite a bit of meth to do so. Are they sure of this? ^ EX social worker /needle exchange worker. 

On 6/11/2023 at 7:10 AM, Cat said:

You'd need to use quite a bit of meth to do so. Are they sure of this? ^ EX social worker /needle exchange worker. 

They are still fully investigating this, but yes. Preliminary results say Methamphetamine poisoning. The restaurant has been closed for full investigation.  There are several families in the hospital.  

Meth has been a huge problem as there have been several busts of manufacturing locally . One of the most publicized here was featured on Face of Meth. Her name is Heather.  She was attractive before her sister was manufacturing meth and had a "shake and bake " "lab" that was going to explode and she went to throw it out of the trailer door, unfortunately her sister (Heather) was just showing up at this moment and walking up . As it was thrown from the door it blew up in Heather's face. 

20230611_115812.jpg.d7dad51a8ca63a3827e3beb5c6264895.jpg

On 6/12/2023 at 3:02 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

They are still fully investigating this, but yes. Preliminary results say Methamphetamine poisoning. The restaurant has been closed for full investigation.  There are several families in the hospital.  

Meth has been a huge problem as there have been several busts of manufacturing locally . One of the most publicized here was featured on Face of Meth. Her name is Heather.  She was attractive before her sister was manufacturing meth and had a "shake and bake " "lab" that was going to explode and she went to throw it out of the trailer door, unfortunately her sister (Heather) was just showing up at this moment and walking up . As it was thrown from the door it blew up in Heather's face. 

Omg the poor woman. To be stuck like that for life as a result of your methhead sister. Damn that's a heavy price to pay for someone else's addiction. I hope this spurred the sister into getting clean. Please at least tell me that, some glimmer of hope for humanity. 

It must be super-cheap there to be affordable for your minimum wage staff (that's what you refer to them as, right?) in such large quantities as to hit poisonous levels in every dish. Mind you, it obviously wouldn't take much for kids. But still. This is just so.... depraved. 

On 6/11/2023 at 12:28 PM, Cat said:

Omg the poor woman. To be stuck like that for life as a result of your methhead sister. Damn that's a heavy price to pay for someone else's addiction. I hope this spurred the sister into getting clean. Please at least tell me that, some glimmer of hope for humanity. 

It must be super-cheap there to be affordable for your minimum wage staff (that's what you refer to them as, right?) in such large quantities as to hit poisonous levels in every dish. Mind you, it obviously wouldn't take much for kids. But still. This is just so.... depraved. 

Nope. Both have a HUGE criminal history since. Charges ranging from burglary, criminal mischief, trespassing, theft, shoplifting, meth possession, paraphernalia, assault, child endangerment.  The list goes on. 

It's not exactly cheap, but still not too expensive if they were manufacturing it. 

[My thought is that it may have been intentional, but more than likely was not. Someone (Minimum Wage / Menial Job ) worker who was probably selling on the side to try to compensate for lack of skill / pay may have misplaced/ dropped their stash into one of the pans/dishes of food and it got mixed in and served. ]

I don't trust most of the food places around here. 

About a couple of years ago Wendy's shut down and completely remodeled after one of their employees posted videos of them taking a bath in their big sink. 

Back in the 90's a Checkers opened and closed within two months.  One of the employees was caught peeing in the deep fryer.  (He admitted to doing it frequently) 

If I am going out to eat here I travel over to Pensacola or head out to the beach. 

Even most food items bought at the store get a wipe down / cleaning of the package by me before I put them up in the pantry/fridge.