• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC grading "invisible" comics?
10 10

264 posts in this topic

On 12/31/2021 at 9:00 PM, The Meta said:

Honestly, I'm not one to chastise people on what they collect, its just you can't help but feel this company is in the business of pushing how hard they can to show people's greed and gullibility 

Yeah, I don't do the pins and stickers and whatever, and I'll have nothing to do with their "invisible comics", but they do put out some good stuff. No doubt others will jump through all of their hoops and play their games, and that is unfortunate.

Edited by Lord Gemini

On 1/1/2022 at 7:43 AM, Sigur Ros said:

When I first saw this posted online early this week, I assumed it was just another QC issue CGC had no problem sending out.

Book missing from the slab?.....  raise your hand if you would have been surprised.....

Same. The census numbers look ridiculous.  This has to be a joke...

On 1/1/2022 at 8:53 AM, I like pie said:

This has to be a joke...

Looks more like the CGC thinks that we are the joke! People are going to pay stupid sums of money for what ... five bucks of paper, plastic and two used staples? The manpower overhead was a bare minimum. I'm sure the CGC is getting paid for their services, I just wonder how much. Obviously these are "modern comics", but what about value? My guess is that they get a cut after they've been sold. 

On 1/1/2022 at 3:21 PM, warden5523 said:

I think there's a dangerous assumption going on here that this is just a folded piece of acetate and not an actual, legitimate, invisible comic book.

I wonder how CGC accounting would like if I sent in payment on a check with invisible ink?

Lets see how long that grading of invisible comics lasts

On 12/30/2021 at 7:09 PM, wormboy said:

I think it’s funny.

And, yes, I have books waiting at CGC.

Ok, I thought it was funny when I thought it was just for fun.

Now that they’ve announced they are selling them (for $1000 or more each) I agree it’s a cash grab and questionable on the part of both companies.

On 1/1/2022 at 6:28 PM, wormboy said:

Ok, I thought it was funny when I thought it was just for fun.

Now that they’ve announced they are selling them (for $1000 or more each) I agree it’s a cash grab and questionable on the part of both companies.

Are they actually selling them, or are they giving a limited number away?

I can’t keep up with their shenanigans ???

On 1/1/2022 at 5:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are they actually selling them, or are they giving a limited number away?

I can’t keep up with their shenanigans ???

Who knows. Communication from Bad Idea is often purposely vague and mysterious. Sometimes they outright lie. I'd hope people wouldn't pay a grand for these things, but some people have more money than sense.

On 1/1/2022 at 5:59 PM, Lord Gemini said:

I'd hope people wouldn't pay a grand for these things, but some people have more money than sense.

Sounds as though you need to go back to remedial school for more mind numbing readjustment in order to see the light here, as you should know by now that it's ALL about buying the label and absolutely nothing at all to do with buying the book, whether visible or invisible.  (tsk)  :makepoint:

Edited by lou_fine

On 1/1/2022 at 7:59 PM, Lord Gemini said:

Who knows. Communication from Bad Idea is often purposely vague and mysterious. Sometimes they outright lie. I'd hope people wouldn't pay a grand for these things, but some people have more money than sense.

I'd say "sometimes" is an understatement.  I don't follow this company's shenanigans on a day to day, but after reading the obviously made up backstory behind their slabbed acetate, even a hack like Charles Soule would be embarrassed by Bad Idea's drivel.