• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC grading "invisible" comics?
10 10

264 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are they actually selling them, or are they giving a limited number away?

I can’t keep up with their shenanigans ???

Yep, they’re selling them for “$1000 or more”.

Posted in the other thread: Link

On 1/2/2022 at 2:01 AM, wormboy said:

I’m guessing they sold at least five, sad to say.

You could view this as performance art by an industry poking fun at itself, until you get to the $1000 part.

What happens when those 5 copies auction for 5k each  :insane:

On 1/2/2022 at 12:20 AM, Iceman399 said:

Based on the grading date of Dec 2020 and the Blackstone deal not being until July of 2021 looks like this isn't their doing.

Blackstone owns the company and these books remain on the census.   They own this.

Unfortunate, because that squashes the hope a new owner would fix CGC's bad rep, not enable it.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:07 AM, Sigur Ros said:

Blackstone owns the company and these books remain on the census.   They own this.

Unfortunate, because that squashes the hope a new owner would fix CGC's bad rep, not enable it.

They may have had no idea that this BAD IDEA was even there. They have millions of books on the census and they sure weren't gunna look at everyone when the deal was in prices or finalized

On 1/2/2022 at 12:30 PM, Juno Beach said:

"We didn't know" is a terrible excuse.

Oh come on.  I'm all for bringing out the torches and what not but to say that
1. This is a Blackstone issue (which it very well is now).
2. That they knew this was done months before they purchased and had any knowledge that of the 3 or 5 or whatever million comics, CGC graded 34 invisible ones and put them on the census.  There are guys on this forum that track the census like mad (Valiantman) how come it took them who are looking for "oddities" and rarities 6 months to find them.

How would they have known?  Hello CGC Execs we are about to buy the company have you graded anything we should be aware of that might be a bad idea?  No Blackstone why would there be everything we do we run through all kinds of checks to ensure we only put out the best product (puddling, creep engine, newton rings, terrible marketing ideas like photoshopping a hulk 1 5.0 into a cgc 9.0 and creating a 15ft banner, making stupid IG videos of Brittany showing $1 bills over a CGC signing).  So do you really have any reason to believe other than pure speculation that Blackstone knew this was done 7 months prior to purchase?  Do they wish they'd have found out about it soon?  I'm guessing the next few weeks will tell us that.

I think this is an absolute steaming pile of trash as to what CGC has done and a grave disservice to their product but to say that Blackstone knew is legit trying to pull out the torches.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:02 AM, Iceman399 said:

Oh come on.  I'm all for bringing out the torches and what not but to say that
1. This is a Blackstone issue (which it very well is now).
2. That they knew this was done months before they purchased and had any knowledge that of the 3 or 5 or whatever million comics, CGC graded 34 invisible ones and put them on the census.  There are guys on this forum that track the census like mad (Valiantman) how come it took them who are looking for "oddities" and rarities 6 months to find them.

How would they have known?  Hello CGC Execs we are about to buy the company have you graded anything we should be aware of that might be a bad idea?  No Blackstone why would there be everything we do we run through all kinds of checks to ensure we only put out the best product (puddling, creep engine, newton rings, terrible marketing ideas like photoshopping a hulk 1 5.0 into a cgc 9.0 and creating a 15ft banner, making stupid IG videos of Brittany showing $1 bills over a CGC signing).  So do you really have any reason to believe other than pure speculation that Blackstone knew this was done 7 months prior to purchase?  Do they wish they'd have found out about it soon?  I'm guessing the next few weeks will tell us that.

I think this is an absolute steaming pile of trash as to what CGC has done and a grave disservice to their product but to say that Blackstone knew is legit trying to pull out the torches.

The common sense is strong with this one