• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2023 at 5:00 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Very interesting that you omit a VERY key word from your sentence of Larry's quote.

Your quote: In the same sentence he says "If you don't achieve these levels of impact, your compensation can be impacted."

Larry's quote: "What we're doing internally, If you don't achieve these levels of impact, your compensation can be impacted."

He's talking about forcing change ON THEMSELVES.  Not on outside companies.  That's why people refer to your view on ESG and Blackrock as conspiratorial.  

You just opened up another 20 pages of Wall of Text's from Roy to try and bury his boo boo.

On 11/16/2023 at 10:03 AM, paqart said:

I have run into a number of women who also find the portrayal of women in movies as not only offensive, but a deliberate slight to them because they have chosen to raise a family. They don't want to see another wealthy sexy single woman in a tight skirt bossing around groveling men as she shuffles through her rolodex of one night stands. To them, that is an empty and unappealing life. Nor do they find it amusing to watch timorous men obey the commands of a female CEO in a Chanel pant suit.

a masterful response and thank you for bringing to light a major elephant in the room ! 

On 11/16/2023 at 10:24 AM, VintageComics said:

I have been on every single dating app over the years.

YOU CANNOT IMAGINE HOW MANY WOMEN PUT THIS STUFF THAT PAQART WROTE ABOVE IN THEIR DATING APPS. doh!

They write things like:

"I want a real man who takes the lead."

"I want a man's man."

"I want a man, not a boy."

"I want a real man who can think independently"

"I want my man to be a man so I can be a women."

"I want a man to make me feel safe and secure so that I can be a woman for him"

We are literally living in the most dysfunctional time in human history, where the media is telling men what women want, is telling women what men want but when women are crying out AROUND AND IN SPITE OF THE MEDIA for what THEY want, NOBODY IS LISTENING.

And then we label the men as misogynists for pointing it out. 

Go argue with these women about what they want, not with me. lol

THIS IS literally a CLOWN WORLD we live in right now. 

Hollyweird would have one believe that what is wrong is right and what is right is wrong.. what is bitter is sweet and what is sweet is bitter. and it's really shameful once you think about it

On 11/16/2023 at 10:49 AM, VintageComics said:

Most MEN in this thread outside of those who are in families probably rarely even talk to women but have all sorts of opinions about them. 

from what members of this chat board have posted over the years i have been here i am in complete agreement with you on this , the huge majority of comic book collectors are boys/men and many are/were nerds who were not so lucky in the love department

Roy on the other hand you should be looked up too by all simply due to the fact you helped raise your four girls, that in and among itself takes extreme maturity and self sacrifice and i applaud you for that 

Edited by 1950's war comics

On 11/16/2023 at 5:11 PM, 1950's war comics said:

a masterful response and thank you for bringing to light a major elephant in the room ! 

If there are more than one unaddressed issues in the room, can we agree to call the biggest issue the elephant and then say the next issue is a horse or duck depending on its relative size to the elephant(major issue) in the room?

Edited by Mr Sneeze

On 11/16/2023 at 5:00 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Very interesting that you omit a VERY key word from your sentence of Larry's quote.

I didn't do that purposefully, I was trying to limit my words. lol

That's why I posted the video for transparency. I wasn't trying to show that Blackrock is forcing you and me, which is what I think MOST got from it.

I was trying to show what the internal, guiding philosophy that guides Blackrock is and I think it's fair to say that if a company espouses a value, that value extends from the inside to the outside, would that be a fair statement? :smile:

You can't have a company that supports only VEGANISM selling animal meat, right?

Blackrock "forces behavior" against other companies the way the US "forces behavior" against other countries through foreign, fiscal policy. They don't put a gun to your head and say "make a decision", but they absolutely "force behavior" through either economically supporting or starving other companies or countries.

And Blackrock is in a position to starve entire countries. Would anyone disagree?

So when these economic giants say "well, you can do what you want but if you want this grant, or this loan, we're going to need you to comply", in effect, it's a form of "coercion" or "forcing behavior" through economic might. 

I could do the same thing in a negotiation for a comic book. If someone I know needs the money, and they know I can afford the book, I can force their behavior through economic might. 

I would never do that. It's against my personal values, but that's exactly how these powerhouses work. 

But let me show everyone how profound, deep reaching and powerful the ESG strategy impacts EVERYONE including you and I.

Banks are dropping clients if those clients have values that are different with the values of the banks. 

And I'm not talking about Kanye West, "hate speech" or outliers. I'm talking about medium to large businesses who have POLITICAL values opposed to the bank's values. 

This is, quite literally "forcing behavior". 

--------------------------------------------

While people who disagree with me seem to only focus on the outliers from my points, the central, core points I've made still stand and so for those who have followed the evolution of the ACTUAL discussion:

1) It doesn't exist - Well, now we all agree it exists even if we disagreed previously.

2) It's not as influential as you say is - Well, the math proves it's one the most influential economic forces on the planet rivalling only the largest countries on earth so you can't argue THAT angle anymore.

ESG is not just Blackrock. Blackrock is just the $10 Trillion Goliath. There's still 799 other $Trillion and $Billion Goliaths. 

3) It's not what you think it is - Well, I seem to have a pretty good understanding of what I think it is. It was an investment strategy that everyone bought into and now there has enough "pushback" that everyone (including Goliath #1, 2 and #3) is pulling back from it.

I think I've supported my points pretty well up to here.

Now we're at (and I'm paraphrasing):

4) Well, they're not REALLY trying to influence you. 

Uh, really? 

That's like saying the USA is not trying to influence Russia. 

So, let me ask you (or anyone else): What are the ECONOMIC effects of being compliant or not compliant to ESG?

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/17/2023 at 8:26 AM, 1950's war comics said:

from what members of this chat board have posted over the years i have been here i am in complete agreement with you on this , the huge majority of comic book collectors are boys/men and many are/were nerds who were not so lucky in the love department

Roy on the other hand you are and should be looked up too by all simply due to the fact you helped raise your four girls, that in and among itself takes extreme maturity and self sacrifice and i applaud you for that 

What? Many of us seem to lead normal love lives. Those who don't seem to have personal reasons for doing so, not because they're incels incapable of holding a conversation with a woman. 

What an UTTERLY bizarre statement. 

I remember in the 90's, when it became easier to see movies from other cultures... I really got into Hong Kong films at the time, where it was not a big deal to see WOMEN kick butt and win the day. There was a whole genre for it called Girls with Guns. Sort of a faux pas now as far as the name, but this was the 90's. 

Two of my favorites were Moon Lee and Yukari Oshima (who was actually Japanese, but came to China to break into the Hong Kong Action Movies). They fought using Kung Fu and shot guns and did whatever they had to. I never watched those movies and thought, "Where are the MEN to save the day? What kind of nonsense are they trying to hypnotize and politicize me with?" 

I just thought the movies were cool.

I also used to enjoy the 'Delinquent Girl' movies of Japan of the early 70's. Reiko Ike and Miki Sugimoto in particular. They rode motorcycles and smoked and drank and got tattoos. The yakuza would always do some horrible stuff to them and most of the time, they didn't run to some man to help them. They'd take their gang of girls and get some SWORDS or guns and go to the yakuza hideout and get REVENGE. It was awesome!

I never watched those movies and thought, "Where are the MEN to save the day? What kind of nonsense are they trying to hypnotize and politicize me with? Is the world bank behind this???"

I just thought the movies were cool.

Y'all be trippin'.