• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auctions very slow to ship.
4 4

105 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, Joshua33 said:

I'm on the Dec. 12th train. Called last Friday... got the whole "check is in the mail" number.

you have a long wait since I am on the Nov 21st train. :P

On 1/3/2022 at 10:05 AM, KingOfRulers said:

Of all the auction houses that feature comic books and comic art, Heritage by far charges the highest amount of fees. Even so, its service is the worst among all the auction houses. Normally, I'd assume you'd "get what you pay for", however, that ain't the case with Heritage as you pay the most for the lowest quality service.

That's interesting. With the exception of the past month, I'd really disagree with that. I've found HA's service to be excellent, their grading solid, and their shipping prompt, and I've been buying from them since 2007. Better on all fronts than ComicConnect or ComicLink, in my experience.

On 1/3/2022 at 11:46 AM, Point Five said:

That's so interesting. With the exception of the past month, I'd really disagree with that. I've found HA's service to be excellent, their grading solid, and their shipping prompt, and I've been buying from them since 2009. Better on all fronts than ComicConnect or ComicLink, in my experience.

I tend to agree with this, with exception of this recent experience far better than Comicconnect. 

Never had any issues with Comiclink.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

Heh... around ten years ago I won something considered high value from Heritage and tagged Voldemort in the post asking how long it takes for heritage to ship since it seemed like it was taking an awfully long time. 

Heritage and Steve were none too happy but Steve did make sure that my item was sent next day. 

You’d think Steve and heritage would appreciate honest feedback.  That’s how you learn what you can improve on and polish your business model.  Of course if they’ve aware of the problem and don’t care….

On 1/3/2022 at 1:22 PM, wombat said:

Record volume should equal record profits. Maybe hire a few people in the shipping department. Its almost insulting the way they lay it out. 

I recall more than once them halting during live streaming auctions to smugly publicly congratulate themselves for reaching different multi-million dollar milestones.

To those upset by their miserly tactics and abusive buyer/customer treatment - spend your money elsewhere, you may very well feel better about yourselves

Edited by MAR1979

This thread made me check my Heritage account. I won some books in the Dec 5/6 weekly auction. Paid on 12/7. They have still not shipped. With the holidays, I didn't realize they were so far behind. I've already won a few items in this week's auction. Maybe I should pay them in six weeks?

Call them asap and bundle the books you just won to the old orders.  Tell them you want to save on shipping.  They've done it for me a few times.  :wishluck:

On 1/3/2022 at 5:29 PM, comicstock said:

This thread made me check my Heritage account. I won some books in the Dec 5/6 weekly auction. Paid on 12/7. They have still not shipped. With the holidays, I didn't realize they were so far behind. I've already won a few items in this week's auction. Maybe I should pay them in six weeks?

Call them asap and bundle the books you just won to the old orders.  Tell them you want to save on shipping.  They've done it for me a few times.  :wishluck:

I called HA this morning to ask about combining a new order with my old one, and while I spent a loooong time on hold, the service rep couldn't have been any nicer once I got through. He told me that the December order was already packed and processed and couldn't be combined, but applied a shipping discount to my new order anyhow. A small but very welcome gesture. 

On 1/4/2022 at 11:18 AM, Point Five said:

I called HA this morning to ask about combining a new order with my old one, and while I spent a loooong time on hold, the service rep couldn't have been any nicer once I got through. He told me that the December order was already packed and processed and couldn't be combined, but applied a shipping discount to my new order anyhow. A small but very welcome gesture. 

I won 3 books in the most recent Signature auction (in November) and 1 book in the following Sunday/Monday weekly auction, which took place 1 day following the Signature auction. Therefore, it was a total of two invoices. I sent a single check payment for all 4 books, including the full shipping for the two invoices. Both invoices in the envelope, with one big, fat check for everything. Heritage mailed me the 1 book from the Sunday/Monday auction. Still no books from the Signature Auction. Why wouldn't they put all the books in the same box? :eyeroll:

On 1/4/2022 at 1:05 PM, KingOfRulers said:

I won 3 books in the most recent Signature auction (in November) and 1 book in the following Sunday/Monday weekly auction, which took place 1 day following the Signature auction. Therefore, it was a total of two invoices. I sent a single check payment for all 4 books, including the full shipping for the two invoices. Both invoices in the envelope, with one big, fat check for everything. Heritage mailed me the 1 book from the Sunday/Monday auction. Still no books from the Signature Auction. Why wouldn't they put all the books in the same box? :eyeroll:

You might be the only one in this thread complaining about *getting* a book. :baiting: lol 

Right though, I totally hear you. It's annoying, but not that surprising, as it seems like it must be a vast bureaucracy over there compared to other operations, handling stuff on a much larger scale than the average online comic book operation. You've paid for both orders at the same time, but it's quite possible there are different groups/departments doing the fulfillment for the weekly vs the Signature auctions. 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:09 PM, 1webslinger said:

I’m still waiting for comic link to cash the check of mine they received December 11th , so far the funds haven’t been taken out of my account 

Yikes, that's bizarre. I'd definitely reach out to them sooner than later. 

On 1/4/2022 at 11:05 AM, KingOfRulers said:

I had something similar happen to me. Check the physical locations the auctions occurred in. I bought a book from one auction, then another from a different auction and discovered they won't ship items together if the auctions were in different cities. In my case one purchase was from the Sunday auction in New York, the second item from the Dallas signature auction. 2 different physical auction locations.

I am sure it is automated, but getting these emails every single day about Heritage Auctions continues to annoy me because the only email I currently care about is to see that my book has shipped.

Today I got 3 emails about future auctions that will no doubt fill the shipping room with thousands of additional products to be shipped!!

Bidding Ends Soon: No Reserve Sunday-Monday Jan. 9-10 Comics Auction

Curator's Picks from the January 13 - 16 Comics & Comic Art Auction

Bidding Now Open: February 3 Mark "The Fifth Turtle" Freedman Auction

All I want is my book from the Nov 21st auction. Immediately after receiving the invoice I called Heritage to discuss the shipping option and chose overnight Fedex. Now I wonder why did I choose that more expensive shipping option if it is going to be MONTHS to get the book.

:pullhair:

Edited by Artboy99