• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple Copies of a Book
12 12

356 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2024 at 8:05 PM, cyclonus11 said:

I have these for some reason 

20240616_190319.jpg

My reason is, "These will be worth millions, millions. I'll be rich, rich. ... ... ... Maybe."

On 6/18/2024 at 8:06 PM, Bludriver said:

I loved the McFarlane ASM run so I picked the cover I loved most and bought multiple copies over the years never thinking they would be worth much.

asm316.thumb.jpg.fe692488657dc07d824facf945b48c1c.jpg

I didn't pick up multiple copies, but even when getting back to collecting I was astonished by the same relative price as when it first hit status at the LCS.

2016-17 a cool $25 to $30 for a vf nice looking copy in store. As you know for these and similar, if you recognized the cover as "hit", you were still to pay about that much for a presentable "reader" (for this era VF)

I put it off just because those were the feelings I had and hadn't read it since being a kid. I eventually tokened out and bought one, after learning of grading. It sat for maybe 4-5 years and I slabbed it, sure enough 8.5!

It is odd that it feels like a history lesson of not so long ago being like 30+ years. :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/18/2024 at 9:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I didn't pick up multiple copies, but even when getting back to collecting I was astonished by the same relative price as when it first hit status at the LCS.

2016-17 a cool $25 to $30 for a vf nice looking copy in store. As you know for these and similar, if you recognized the cover as "hit", you were still to pay about that much for a presentable "reader" (for this era VF)

I put it off just because those were the feelings I had and hadn't read it since being a kid. I eventually tokened out and bought one, after learning of grading. It sat for maybe 4-5 years and I slabbed it, sure enough 8.5!

It is odd that it feels like a history lesson of not so long ago being like 30+ years. :roflmao:

The other 2 covers I loved and was deciding between were the Mysterio (#311) & the Lizard (#313) so I guess I was lucky that I picked #316. Still hard to believe that it has gone up so much since I bought these.