• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Multiple Copies of a Book
11 11

304 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2023 at 7:09 PM, ExNihilo said:

You mean to tell me you once had probably some 600 copies of Silver Surfer 1?  The original one from 1968?  Good lord!

No. A Diamond 200 ct box probably had 50-60 raw and I had 45+ slabs. So did have over a 100, but not sure how 600 was arrived at :wavingwhiteflag:

On 8/1/2022 at 7:56 PM, Readcomix said:

Just love this cover

IMG_0560.JPG

i remember my LCS had a bunch of these for sale at $5.00 each back in 1975, they were so common i never bought one though (actually $5 was a lot of money back then for a 14 year old teen, i only made $10 a week on my paper route

On 10/6/2023 at 4:37 PM, G.A.tor said:

No. A Diamond 200 ct box probably had 50-60 raw and I had 45+ slabs. So did have over a 100, but not sure how 600 was arrived at :wavingwhiteflag:

Ooo.  I misread and interpreted it as two CGC boxes AND two Diamond 200 ct boxes.  Naturally I assumed each Diamond 200 ct box held 200 books, so right there I was up to 400.  And I thought the CGC boxes were like the plastic ones used for storage which I assumed could hold 100 raw books as needed.  :tonofbricks:

On 10/6/2023 at 8:00 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i remember my LCS had a bunch of these for sale at $5.00 each back in 1975, they were so common i never bought one though (actually $5 was a lot of money back then for a 14 year old teen, i only made $10 a week on my paper route

Yep, that and Capt America #100. Bought a bunch of those. And I remember buying a few FF48s, too. All long gone.

On 10/6/2023 at 11:04 PM, ExNihilo said:

Ooo.  I misread and interpreted it as two CGC boxes AND two Diamond 200 ct boxes.  Naturally I assumed each Diamond 200 ct box held 200 books, so right there I was up to 400.  And I thought the CGC boxes were like the plastic ones used for storage which I assumed could hold 100 raw books as needed.  :tonofbricks:

the 200 ct boxes will hold 200 modern books, but you have to lay the silver age 90 degrees other direction...and they are 3-5x as thick, so only about 50 safely fit...and the cgc boxes were slabbed :)

On 10/6/2023 at 8:00 PM, 1950's war comics said:

I always loved the cover and thought it was underpriced for a long time, for a first issue for a long-running series. I had been up to seven, now I’m down to three. Used some in stacks of books that were traded for tougher books. I have a full Iron Man run, so I can’t go to zero unless/until I’m letting the whole run go. I would like to read it end to end first. (I started assembling it off the racks with #76, then backfilled. But I’d like to reread it in order, a few a day, in as compressed a time frame as possible.)