• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics received at CGC bot now can't be found
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Back at the end of September I sent in 10 moderns.  A bunch of really nice virgin variants I've been waiting to get graded.  They were delivered to CGC on 10/6 and that was the last I've heard.  No submission has popped up yet and any correspondence through email is "Were still looking for your package". Do I have any other action I can take? I really feel like I'm getting hosed here and the responses from CGC are becoming less frequent.  It's like they know something is messed up and don't want to own up to it

A while back, CGC stated it had opened all the backlogged packages.  Yours should have hit the dashboard at that time. 

If you can prove it was delivered and CGC can't seem to locate it, you should be covered by CGC's insurance that is part of your grading fee.  The carrier can't help you if it shows as delivered, even if insured.

This requires an actual phone call to Customer Service, not an email.  Get a human involved.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:42 PM, Ryfle said:

Back at the end of September I sent in 10 moderns.  A bunch of really nice virgin variants I've been waiting to get graded.  They were delivered to CGC on 10/6 and that was the last I've heard.  No submission has popped up yet and any correspondence through email is "Were still looking for your package". Do I have any other action I can take? I really feel like I'm getting hosed here and the responses from CGC are becoming less frequent.  It's like they know something is messed up and don't want to own up to it

On a serious note you'll be surprised how much a phone call can do for you in cases like these.  With serious matters such as lost books you need the direct communication.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:42 PM, Ryfle said:

just call them asap and ask about the insurance

My experience with situations like this is that they will eventually be found. Call but follow up your call with an email so you have documentation. I would also make sure you print out the submission form again to have for your (and insurance) records along with the shipping records. 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:56 AM, joeypost said:

My experience with situations like this is that they will eventually be found.

Yeah, they'll probably be found, but... they won't be virgin variants anymore.   

On 1/17/2022 at 6:56 AM, joeypost said:

My experience with situations like this is that they will eventually be found. Call but follow up your call with an email so you have documentation. I would also make sure you print out the submission form again to have for your (and insurance) records along with the shipping records. 

This is my experience also. I sent in ASM #194, #300, and #361. I was told, after quite some time and several phone calls, that my books were lost. I was given the option of continuing to wait or accept the insurance amount along with some credit for grading. I chose the latter. After about 4 months, CGC let me know that the books had been found. CGC asked if I would like to send the money back and then have my books graded. Since I had already replaced all three issues, I passed on this offer.

I still wonder what grades my books would have received.

On a side note, what would CGC do with those books that I passed on? Do they grade them and then try to sell them, or is it something else?

Edited by Math Teacher

I also had my books drop off of the list after being there for over 8 months. I did call and the person assured me my books were fine had been at pressing for almost 6 months and should be done there soon then back to cgc for a grade. I sent my books in March last year, so we are quickly coming up on that anniversary. I check my status every week or so and it still says completed because half the order wasn't pressed, and I got them back after about 7 months. Makes me nervous but they did assure me the books were there and making the turns to get home eventually. Call you'll feel better

I have seen it mentioned in other threads that CGC auctions off the books that they end up with.  From things like damaged while in their possession, misplaced, etc. 

If they pay you for them for whatever reason, I guess they can do as they please with what they bought to try to recoup some of the loss.

On 1/23/2022 at 1:00 AM, Lightning55 said:

I have seen it mentioned in other threads that CGC auctions off the books that they end up with.  From things like damaged while in their possession, misplaced, etc. 

If they pay you for them for whatever reason, I guess they can do as they please with what they bought to try to recoup some of the loss.

I agree that CGC can do whatever they please, as technically, they paid for them. Thank you for your information.