• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You have $1,000 to put into a CGC graded bronze...You're a new collector. Where are you putting it knowing what you know now?
4 4

178 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2022 at 8:16 PM, divad said:

Now we're talking. Only way is up.

I never understood the appeal of that book as a key. As a work of art/fiction, it's great,  a beautiful comic.  But I don't see how an adaptation of an old character in comic book form has the same sense of value as a character which started in comic books (or at least had comics cross selling as accompanying media for something new).

It's like wanting DC's Shadow.

Also, I think people are getting hung up on the BA aspect of the question which the op clarified as being arbitrary. They just want the best book to hold onto for a long period of time.

A decade ago, I would have said FF 5 or any of the other awesome FF keys that were still accessible for 1k, now things have changed. 

As far as Marvel keys go, the ones where you can get a nice book for 1 k which you can hold onto for decades are Submariner 1, She Hulk 1, Thor 337, DD 168 (great price at the moment) and Ultimate Fallout 4.

On 1/22/2022 at 7:06 PM, William-James88 said:

As a work of art/fiction, it's great,  a beautiful comic. 

Agreed - as do many others. It's also quite a task undertaken by Roy Thomas and BWS, and frankly, what more could you ask for.:hi:

On 1/22/2022 at 7:06 PM, William-James88 said:

As far as Marvel keys go, the ones where you can get a nice book for 1 k which you can hold onto for decades are Submariner 1, She Hulk 1, Thor 337, DD 168 (great price at the moment) and Ultimate Fallout 4.

But for the strikeouts, these are good suggestions. :hi:

On 1/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, William-James88 said:
On 1/22/2022 at 7:16 PM, divad said:

But for the strikeouts, these are good suggestions. :hi:

You don't see potential in UF4?

I get the hype, but I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid. :peace:

On 1/23/2022 at 9:28 PM, KCOComics said:

@KCode98 which way or leaning? 

I'm in favor of the VG HOS92

One minute one thing and the next another. I do think I am leaning towards getting something that I truly like. I know TOD #10 is hot but I honestly couldn't care less about that book or blade in general honestly. So I think financially it would be a great pick up, can't agree with you guys more.

But I want to invest in books that I will like and not want to get rid of. I did just pick up my very first bronze age 9.8!

On 1/23/2022 at 10:29 PM, KCode98 said:

One minute one thing and the next another. I do think I am leaning towards getting something that I truly like. I know TOD #10 is hot but I honestly couldn't care less about that book or blade in general honestly. So I think financially it would be a great pick up, can't agree with you guys more.

But I want to invest in books that I will like and not want to get rid of. I did just pick up my very first bronze age 9.8!

I totally agree. Get something you'll really like! 

On 1/23/2022 at 10:29 PM, KCode98 said:

What book? (shrug)

On 1/23/2022 at 8:29 PM, KCode98 said:

You mentioned you like black-suit spidey and Cap. So what did you end up getting? 

On 1/24/2022 at 12:48 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Isn't that like buying YA #1 (shrug)

Depends if you think Miles Morales is as big a draw as any of the Young Avengers. Personally, I think Miles Morales is more popular and more people will want his first appearance. He's already fully integrated within the licensing machine and for many kids (including mine), he is their spider-man. So lots of potential for nostalgia in 20-30 years from now.

But then again, I think that modern comics won't be worth as much in 20 years as they are now, due to lack of scarcity (past history says I am dead wrong about this though, so we'll see).