• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You have $1,000 to put into a CGC graded bronze...You're a new collector. Where are you putting it knowing what you know now?
4 4

178 posts in this topic

On 1/21/2022 at 3:05 PM, SuperBird said:

Get an ASM 252 then call it a day, if that's your guy. Awesome book. I don't even like spidey, and I want one. 

I already have one but I think it's condition is lacking. For as much as I liked/like black suit spiderman I have no idea why I only have 1 issue of ASM 252 and MSW 8

On 1/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, KCode98 said:

I already have one but I think it's condition is lacking. For as much as I liked/like black suit spiderman I have no idea why I only have 1 issue of ASM 252 and MSW 8

As much as I liked these stories at the time, I have no idea why I sold all mine. :)

On 1/21/2022 at 1:22 PM, SuperBird said:

As much as I liked these stories at the time, I have no idea why I sold all mine. :)

I hope you still have your Action run?

On 1/22/2022 at 5:42 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

$1,000 on EBay right now.   Who doesn’t love Deadpool? (shrug)

F7835846-111E-40E9-A6BE-8DAEB82C627F.jpeg.ade45a2309fa543692de511d7591431f.jpeg

Not to get too much into it but at this point I'm so over that comic. Not only do I have several raw issues of it, I find it overall to be very over hyped. I'm a cover art snob and I find this to be one of the most unattractive covers. Not to mention Ryan Reynolds has taken it about as far as it can go IMO. I hate to say it but I think I have moved on from DP

On 1/22/2022 at 5:51 PM, KCode98 said:

Not to get too much into it but at this point I'm so over that comic. Not only do I have several raw issues of it, I find it overall to be very over hyped. I'm a cover art snob and I find this to be one of the most unattractive covers. Not to mention Ryan Reynolds has taken it about as far as it can go IMO. I hate to say it but I think I have moved on from DP

It’s definitely not a book to display :tonofbricks:

On 1/21/2022 at 1:41 PM, SuperBird said:

:fear:

No... Heritage has my Action run. 

Wow! I can’t imagine selling it all and starting over. Good luck!

On 1/19/2022 at 12:39 PM, KCode98 said:

Hulk 181 is my grail though, sadly I think I missed the boat on that one and it just keeps sailing further away

I'm sure someone has already told you, but if this is true then I suggest you buy hold sell, buy hold sell . . . ad infinitum :bigsmile:

On 1/23/2022 at 6:51 AM, KCode98 said:

It looks like others agree with you. I happened to look at this back in May. The lowest price a 9.6 was being sold at MCS was $1350 then; the lowest is $850 now.

On 1/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, KCode98 said:

I don't want to flip. I'm wanting a solid book (the best option) to hold onto for decades 

$1000 doesn't generally buy you a BA book that you want to hold for decades, but if I had to suggest one, get a Steranko cover (but only if you like his work.)

On 1/19/2022 at 3:10 PM, shadroch said:

I used to buy Schomburg Timelys and Mac Raboy Captain Marvel Juniors. The Schomburgs have gone thru the roof while the Raboys have barely doubled in a decade.  I have zero confidence in Fawcetts appreciating well going forward. Hopefully I'm wrong but I don't see them as good investment material.

Unfortunately, those collectors are dead or dying :peace:

On 1/21/2022 at 12:09 PM, KCode98 said:
On 1/21/2022 at 12:05 PM, SuperBird said:

Get an ASM 252 then call it a day, if that's your guy. Awesome book. I don't even like spidey, and I want one. 

Aren't both of these books barely, if even, BA???

On 1/19/2022 at 6:47 PM, Readcomix said:

I sense you might be looking for a somewhat out of the box pick. Isn’t the Prowler Miles’ uncle? Maybe he has an outsize role one day in the future Miles franchise and he’s on no one’s radar now except ASM completists (a breed that aren’t uncommon, of course). But I think a grand would get you into the low 9’s on ASM 78, which is his first appearance. It’s a long shot, but if you’re looking for a book that might emerge that hasn’t, you need a forgotten and undeveloped character that has potential to be mined.

On the cheap, I like Super Villain Team-Up #5 for the first appearance of the Shroud. Another cool untapped character, with a history with Moon Knight.

Not what he's looking for, but good conversation. :bigsmile:

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but I would seriously consider buying a HG Star Wars #1 (Reprint) which (for all practical purposes) should, but for the designation on the cover, be called a "second print." It may even be the first "second print" Marvel in existence. Many years ago, I gave my copies away to the kids of very close friends (who are no longer kids) and I think that over time, these will be recognized as very valuable comics.

Edited by divad

On 1/22/2022 at 6:02 PM, Mr.Fantastic said:
On 1/22/2022 at 5:11 PM, divad said:

Aren't both of these books barely, if even, BA???

It depends on whose definition of BA you go by. Some people say it ends in 80 and some go as far as 85-86. 

"Some people" are high . . . :bigsmile:

:baiting: